Towergate Expanding

chapmag

I have this morning received a letter from Footman James (who insure my Classic Mini) that they have been taken over by Towergate Group (Towergate).

According to the letter Towergate have over one million customers.

G.

The brokers, for my business insurance, were taken over by Towergate, years ago.

Premium prices rose, they could not seemingly get me better prices, said that there were no other insurers in the market that met my requirements.

The last quote they gave me was £2400 / annum, so I did some searching and found Hiscox. Hiscox covered all my insurance requirements for £38 a month.

They may have a million customers names on their books, but if my experience is the norm, then a lot will be ex-customers!

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

I don't call it expanding. .. just another take over. ...

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Strange this insurance thing, I've always found Towergate very good. A real person picked the phone up when you call them. I have a few bits of busness things with Towergate and aslo my caravan insurance. Over the past 3 years they have been cheaper than most, my renewal this year was down by £30 ish. As always I checked prices with others, for the same cover the C&CC was aroundn £80 more and the CC was over £100. Its all the luck of the draw, or you get thge right person on the right day on the other end of the phone.

Used them several years ago then the prices started to increase dramatically so went elsewhere .

The only time i stay with an insurer is if they can match the best like for like quote i can get iff not i go to the new one,

Very few insurers,banks,gas,electric or utilities reward anyone for loyalty in this country.