Review: Unicorn S2 Valencia

Alan Stanley

Now spent a good few months away over the year. Ergonomically the best van we have ever owned. For the two of us it just works so well. the longer seating at the front and recessed chest of drawers are a revelation. The ability to seat 6 easily or stretch out for a nod is a huge plus. The kitchen works very well good preparation space and storage. Comfortable double bed and good wardrobe. The lighter weight and non dent glass fiber shell, which is much quieter in the rain as a bonus, is brill. One advantage of it is so much easier to clean with no sharp edges etc.

Alde heating what more needs saying about that. That big front window is so so good as well. We can see out properly without bending or sitting down. Every other van now feels closed in. If it had a shower the same as the mark 1 and a bathroom rad it would have scored 5.

Outside the gas locker over the wheels and the bigger front side lockers swallow loads.

Click here to view the caravan review

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Good review - me and her indoors agree 100% with your comments - we also had the shower leak which was a pain as it went back to the dealer twice - 2nd time for a complete strip out and rebuild with a new centre panel - sorted now.

Had it last December and used summer and winter, home and abroad. Absolutely love it !!!!!!!!

This is a good review. We have very much enjoyed ours this year. Personally i would make the big front window non opening, we never open it anyway and bonded would be cheaper to produce and more weather resistant. The wardrobe doors are hopeless very hard to get in, minor point. Electric sockets under the cooker badly postioned we have moved ours. And the round shower in a square space is just plain stupid. I also object to the "inclusive" TV: I paid for a TV when I didn't want one, surely this should be an option.

Remember, this van is two grand less than the equivalent Swift. I wish they'd made that fifteen hundred and sorted the shower, kept it the same as the U1.

However, make no mistake we like the van a lot and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting this layout. And Alde RULES!!

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

• 1 month later...

Some good points, agree about the shower which should be square!

Overall the van is great, tows fantasticaly well even in the high winds of late, very reassuring on the road.

My only gripe is the gas locker catch, which is difficult and flimsy, very awkward to lock. A simpler system is appropriate.

Great looker, very comfy and cosy ideal all year round tourer.

I've found (after struggling a few times) the best way to deal with the gas locker is push the door shut, push the top in wait for the click then push the bottom in wait for the click. Then turn the key, take it out and push the handle in.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

It is a struggle to hold the handle in and then turn the key. Trick is you do not need to do that. Unlock the locker and the handle springs out. Then re-lock it again with the handle out. You can still turn the handle to open the locker. Once you have used the locker and closed the door just push the handle straight in and it will go click and stay in locked.

Just don't put your keys down inside the locker !!!

Edited by Alan Stanley

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)