Empty The Hot Water System

nutrunner

hi all, a few daya ago i bought a swift corniche 12/.2 1995 i friend rung me and said i should empty the hot water system before the cold weather gets here, but i cant find the empty switch or lever help needed, also when i tested the water pump evey time i pressed a tap, the pump kicked in bar the shower hot water tap what can it be

liverpool fc- boxing and fishing- camping

If you look at the end plate of the heater on the outside of the van you will see a large plastic screw in the bottom left hand corner, if you loosen this it will open the drain for the heater, the water just flows out of the hole.

Edited by Bill Lord

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/uploads/gallery/album_1355/gallery_39407_1355_10923. jpg

Look for this kind of thing under the van where the water pipes run.

If you find them use an open ended spanner to push up the ring and pull down on the plug.

This will drain down the rest of the system

http://www. leisureshopdirect. com/caravan/water/product_19473/drain_plug_-_newer_type_for_carver_water_heater. aspx#

This is the plug you seek in the corner of the outside cover

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Think it is advisable to leave sink and shower room taps open over the winter.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

If you look at the end plate of the heater on the outside of the van you will see a large plastic screw in the bottom left hand corner, if you loosen this it will open the drain for the heater, the water just flows out of the hole.

You also should release this every-time you travel. Otherwise the extra weight you carry is around 12 kg.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I know that in theory you should do that, however, I rarely if ever do as unless the load margin on the caravan is very tight the 12kg makes little or no difference.

Bill

Maybe I have lived in Yorkshire for so long it is starting to rub off onto me. ..

Why drag 12kg extra weight with fuel the price it is these days when it is so simple to drain the hot water?

Trevor.

Maybe I have lived in Yorkshire for so long it is starting to rub off onto me. ..

Why drag 12kg extra weight with fuel the price it is these days when it is so simple to drain the hot water?

Have you gone through your car and eliminated everything that is not immediately needed? If you did you would get rid of far more than 12kg. Or better still never put more than 20l of fuel in the car and then stop every 120 miles to put more fuel in when the fuel light comes on. I could save 60kg doing that but what a fag it would be.

I did that last time out and got stopped by the police about 100yds up the road from the site. ...thought I had a leak !!

ROFL, what a thought.

Bill

Have you gone through your car and eliminated everything that is not immediately needed? If you did you would get rid of far more than 12kg. Or better still never put more than 20l of fuel in the car and then stop every 120 miles to put more fuel in when the fuel light comes on. I could save 60kg doing that but what a fag it would be.

ROFL, what a thought.

I only said it was starting to rub off on me. ..not that I was fully Yorkshire! :o

I only ever carry what is immediately needed. .....or may be needed! (That one adds loads of weight)

But to drag yet another 12kg of water that takes seconds to empty and a minute or so to fill again makes no sense to me

:D

Trevor.

You need to take the only good thing that comes out of Yorkshire and come over the hill so that some good old fashioned Lancashire sense can rub off as well. (:-)

Bill

Good Heavens Above man!....I'm doing enough missionary work here in Yorkshire, without going over t'hill and helping in the asylum! :P

Edited by reluctant

Trevor.

They ate the last missionaries we sent over the hill, be very very careful. (:-)

Bill