2012 Eccles Sport 524

Hobbynut

Just had the second service on my 2012 Eccles Sport 524 and all is nearly well.

I say nearly because the van is fine but when the servicing company name removed my moderator went on to the Swift website to register the service on the Swift database they discovered that the company who did the first service failed to register it with Swift.

This is now in the process of being " sorted ".

Just wondering if I am the only one

Moderator Comment:

The terms of forum membership do not allow "Naming and Shaming"

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

this happens a hell of a lot, we have had many that we didn't service originally, but now do, that have never had any of their services entered onto the supercare system.

Was the first service done by a Swift dealer or an independent, as if it was a Swift dealer this is worrying

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

It has been common practice, even with swift dealers, many ex-discover, but also a current dealer.

Its first service was done by dealer's name removed by Admin and it was them that failed to register the service with Swift.

I have today been told by Yorkshire Coast Caravans that they had sorted it for me.

This was confirmed later today when I contacted a friend of mine who is a senior manager at Swift

Its first service was done by dealer's name removed by Admin and it was them that failed to register the service with Swift.

I have today been told by Yorkshire Coast Caravans that they had sorted it for me.

This was confirmed later today when I contacted a friend of mine who is a senior manager at Swift

That's extremely interesting! I bought a Sterling Eccles Sport 584 from the very same dealer - ****CARAVANS - in April last year (2012). They (allegedly) serviced it in June this year, as required to maintain the warranty. However we now have major dampness problems with the van (which were not picked up during the aforementioned service!) and when ***** submitted a claim in September, back came the message "van not registered with us". ***** did solve the problem pretty quickly blaming a member of staff who has now left the company. (Wish I knew a current senior manager at Swifts). I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with this van and the "service" I have received from *****, so much so that I will now only deal with their parent company ********

Moderator Comment:

Company names have been removed from this post

This happened when we had our first service - Raymond James did the service - they are not recognised as dealers who can do Swift warranty work, but are qualified under the NCC rules. In fact, there sticker is identical to the one affixed to the A-frame cover by the supplying dealer. The omission came to light when I took the van in for a report under the warranty. The situation was remedied quickly by a phone call between the dealers.

As pointed out in an earlier post by " Caravantech ", this is quite common across the whole industry.

My friend at Swift confirmed this but Swift advise people to hang onto the dealer receipt for the service as this makes life much easier when these things eventually come to light.

As hobbynut mentions and I should of done before, as said keep a copy of your service receipt, so if you do have issues in the future, it can be supplied as proof so the dealer servicing it should be able to correct the issue

I'm always suspicious when "departed staff" are blamed, this company had 6 managers in 2012

As hobbynut mentions and I should of done before, as said keep a copy of your service receipt, so if you do have issues in the future, it can be supplied as proof so the dealer servicing it should be able to correct the issue

Hi, but it's just another unnecessary niggle that causes delay at a time when a problem needs resolving, just because earlier dealer can't be bothered updating his Superlink records.

you are quite right, it is extra hassle for the customer for someone elses incompetence, but having the service receipt to hand will just speed the process up in the invent of such a situation

I see the dealers name has been removed for some reason. ...

The reason the dealers name has been removed is as stated in the Terms and Conditions to which you agreed to when joining. .. No Naming and Shaming. .. Edited by Grandpa Steve

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

We find it a lot. The majority we find are because the service has not been done at a swift dealership but independent workshops who are AWS members and do not have direct access to swifts online system. We also find it from dealerships and one in particular, but not as many.

We will update service history with swift for any customer who brings in the correct paperwork ie the invoice and the service schedule checklist.

Edited by Reads

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

In an AWS. ..... When I service a Swift group van I simply email the correct swift department and provide scans of the service report and invoice, they then update their records.

Always good advice to keep both the service report, invoice and any receipts whenever your caravan is serviced (whatever make).

Edited by Caravanmedicswindon

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

In an AWS. ..... When I service a Swift group van I simply email the correct swift department and provide scans of the service report and invoice, they then update their records.

Always good advice to keep both the service report, invoice and any receipts whenever your caravan is serviced (whatever make).

Yes medic, but I think the annoying is when you try to register a latest service in Superlink, and find you can't because a previous service was not registered, also then affects warranty claims.

• 1 month later...

P'raps Swift should let owners update themselves! (;-)

Gobur Carousel 12/2 TD

Coachman Amara 380/2

Swift Challenger Hi Style 425 pushing a Ford Kuga AWD