2014 Crusader Storm Or Super Sirocco

KateTP

Hi does anyone have or has ordered the new Crusader Storm or Super Sirocco? If yes what pulled you to it? What's your thoughts if you've got it? Any comments would be great. Thanks :)

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

Hi Kate. I have been a fan of Elddis for many years but have recently become so disillusioned with there products and apparent disregard for their products and the customers that are now burdened with them that I would 'not go there'.

Have a read into the sections of the various manufacturers,this will give you a flavour of what to look for/expect.

The three topic headings listed below are well worth reading.

Unusual Dent, Crack Beside Front Privacy Window Should I Stay With Elddis? 2013 Elddis Fault Top Trumps

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Hi Kate. I have been a fan of Elddis for many years but have recently become so disillusioned with there products and apparent disregard for their products and the customers that are now burdened with them that I would 'not go there'.

Have a read into the sections of the various manufacturers,this will give you a flavour of what to look for/expect.

The three topic headings listed below are well worth reading.

Unusual Dent, Crack Beside Front Privacy Window Should I Stay With Elddis? 2013 Elddis Fault Top Trumps

+1. ...without a doubt.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Me too.

I love my caravan but not the customer care from Elddis. To be told that the cracks in the aluminium are caused by pot holes is stupid, it has wheels and should be capable of being towed on our roads without cracking. We have not hit that many pot holes in our travels!

Guest grumpyoldman

Kate TP - don't listen to the above.

They haven't read your post properly and probably haven't noticed that you already own an Elddis product. Having owned it and presumably been pleased with it you are happy to go again with Elddis. There are many other topics lauding Elddis.

Hopefully someone will answer the question you posted, rather than emptying their vitriol on your post.

Hi g o m. That is where with me you are very very wrong. I was of the belief that like others that have had Elddis products and the products from the Explorer Group before they 'Re-Branded' and became Elddis. I believe that they became Elddis with financial help from The Constantine Group; that she was asking of others opinions and thoughts.

That same manner of posting for help/opinion/ideas was ask by another member under the post heading of :

Should I Stay With Elddis?

As for your remark: rather than emptying their vitriol on your post. I for one am not emptying anything on the post of anyone,what I have posted with regard to the products of this one manufacturer have been based upon my own finding and of my own caravan and not least of all,the very very damming reports from other totally disillusioned owners of the same manufacturers products,albeit some do not carry the name of the Re-Branded company.

Many of the products were manufactured under the name of The Explorer Group.

This in terms of caravan production is/was the same or very very similar to the creation of BMC and the swallowing-up of all of the little otherwise small but well respected names of true British manufactured auto-mobiles and branding them all with the one disease.

Discover Leisure was another example of this dramatic rescue the small and ailing company package and we all know what happened to them,some a lot more than others. I was one of the some.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Kate TP - don't listen to the above.

They haven't read your post properly and probably haven't noticed that you already own an Elddis product. Having owned it and presumably been pleased with it you are happy to go again with Elddis. There are many other topics lauding Elddis.

Hopefully someone will answer the question you posted, rather than emptying their vitriol on your post.

Excuse us!

The OP was particularly referring to Elddis Twin Axle variants of which we (the under posters) have personal experience, do you?....side panels cracking. ...circa £30k's worth of pride and joy sentenced to the White Elephant Stall?

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Excuse us!

The OP was particularly referring to Elddis Twin Axle variants of which we (the under posters) have personal experience, do you?....side panels cracking. ...circa £30k's worth of pride and joy sentenced to the White Elephant Stall?

:goodpost: :goodpost:

Guest grumpyoldman

Still no comments on which of the two models the Op might prefer, which is what was asked.

Another thread hijacked by the anti-Elddis brigade.

And before you surmise that I have a link to Elddis, some clandestine Anthony Blunt type spy working for them, I have not and am not. I just wish replies would deal with the question posed. The OP would have asked for comments about Elddis (the company) if that is what she wanted. She didn't - get over it!

Enjoy!!

Still no comments on which of the two models the Op might prefer, which is what was asked.

Another thread hijacked by the anti-Elddis brigade.

And before you surmise that I have a link to Elddis, some clandestine Anthony Blunt type spy working for them, I have not and am not. I just wish replies would deal with the question posed. The OP would have asked for comments about Elddis (the company) if that is what she wanted. She didn't - get over it!

Enjoy!!

Just to add I think most people with an Elddis have long ago stopped looking at this section of caravan talk due to the Anti Brigade.

formerly ClassikFan

Thanks for your opinions peeps, as stated by g. o. m I already have an Elddis and it is a twin axle. We are very happy with our van but want a different layout. We have had some warranty work carried out but have had no problems with Elddis and our dealer has been fantastic. I would however appreciate comments from those who HAVE or HAVE ORDERED the 2014 Super Scirocco or Storm as per my original post as to their reasons for getting this particular layout/model. I have read all of your woes and troubles you have experienced on other posts so would be grateful if you did not hijack this one. :)

Admin Comment

Katie asked a very specific question, can we stick to answering it without getting into why she shouldn't buy one.

As an existing Elddis owner I am sure Katie can make up her own mind.

Hi does anyone have or has ordered the new Crusader Storm or Super Sirocco? If yes what pulled you to it? What's your thoughts if you've got it? Any comments would be great. Thanks :)

Kate

We have ordered a 2014 Crusader Storm. We wanted a fixed double bed but we also wanted both of us to be able to get out easily in the night, so went for a van where the bed came off the side wall. We also considered the Cyclone but thought the mid shower and toilet made the van look less spacious.

Comparing the Storm and the SuperSirocco; the Sirocco is probably better during the day as there is more room to walk up and down the van to the bathroom, the double bed in the Storm does finish close to the offside wall. We were told that the early build Storms had a 6' 2" long mattress but this was changed to 5' 11" to give more room at the end of the bed. If you look at a Storm in a dealers worth checking which mattress is on the bed base. We are actually having the longer mattress as I am tall and will even hang off the end of the big mattress. That is another reason why we did not want a bed that had a fixed end (as the 'French' bed style does).

Before ordering the Elddis we also looked at and considered a Bailey Unicorn, Lunar Delta Ti and Swift Conquerer 645. We thought the Bailey interior was not put together very well and why have a round shower in a square space? The Lunar was OK but did not have the high level front window. We came down to the Swift or Elddis. In the end we liked the sound of the Solid construction, the decor of the Elddis and that all the top level cabinets are much deeper than in the Swift. Also, a few things that you get as standard (that we wanted) came in the price with Elddis, such as the wheel locks which are £300 pound each as extras on the Swift. One thing missing from the Elddis that we wanted was an external shower attachment so we could spray down our two dogs before they brought all the mud inside the van. This is easily fixed as the dealer is putting the Whale exterior shower attachment in for us.

Another small point with the Storm is that there is a wardrobe each side of the bed. We are going to use the Right hand side one, which also houses the water heater, for outside coats so they dry if we have been out in the rain and keep the left one for the few other things we hang on a rail. Not sure what the Sirocco wardrobe layout is?

I now tend to read Caravan Chat regularly but not the Elddis forum that much as a few people have a big downer on Elddis and I would like to look forward to getting the new caravan rather than get paranoid about what may break (which could happen with any van).

Hope this is some help.

Michael

Thanks Michael for your insight. We currently have a fixed French bed but quite like the idea of an island bed. I liked the look of the 2013 Cyclone but not the 2014 one. Didn't like the Bailey Unicorn Cartegna either and thought the 'plastic' surround on the Conqueror TI bed looked tacky! Hubby has had the good fortune of seeing a Storm as he's currently in Oxfordshire working, but alas I can't find a dealer up here in Scotland as yet that has one for me to have a look at. Nor have either of us seen the super sirocco yet :( . Hubby is quite impressed with the location of the onboard water tank in the storm though.

Think the super sirocco wardrobe is similar to our current Odyssey.

I too find it quite frustrating that you get a few who have had a bad experience trying to pull down everyone.

Thanks again

Kate

Hi Kate (and MHE)

Sorry I can't answer your question on the specific models but having read the thread I thought I would just chuck in my two penny's worth to reassure you and MHE on my experience with Elddis.

I took delivery of a 2013 Crusader Tempest EB (SoLiD) last January, the overall build quality is excellent, although I have had a few very minor niggles, all have been sorted without fuss or complcation from either Elddis or my dealer.

Based on my experience with both the van and manufacturer you have made a sound choice and I wish you well with your decision and hope you get as much enjoyment as myself and my family do from ours.

Davros

Hi

We have been looking at a new caravan for nearly a year, we have the Elddis Crusader Aurora that we have had from new. Build wise its been fine with the only problem the usual crack near the front side window that has been repaired. Last year we NEARLY bought the Buccaneer Corsair, but decided to wait. Reviewed all other mainstream vans and nothing really came close to the Elddis with its new Skyscape window. Personally don't like the Swift or Coachman window or the black fronts.

Im so glad we did as we have bought the 2014 SuperScirocco, that should be delivered next month to the dealer. We have opted for the privacy glass as per our current van and wraparound seating option for when we have friends in. We looked at the SuperScirroco, Cyclone and Storm and would comment: They are all basically the same van with superb fixtures and fittings and so its purely comes down to layout.

Cyclone - lovely van, end bed is great but open shower in the bedroom and toilet on the other sie make the van feel very small in the lounge area.

Storm - not enough space between the end of the bed and the wall especially with the Alde heating ducts. Levelling would have to be precise on a transverse bed or you could find yourself sleeping down hill and the bathroom is smaller and less private.

SuperScirroco - end washroom was our desire as this is what he had in our old van, and in this van it is superb. The side fixed bed and furniture layout makes the van feel huge and airy. Also, with the windows placements we can get our Magnum porch awning up without it touching any window or locker box - and that is a plus.

Hope that helps

Richard

Richard

Before we ordered our Storm we only go to see one model in a dealers. On the one we looked at the heating ducts in the bedroom had been built into the bed base, not on the wall opposite bed end. Did the one you look at have the Alde heating pipes/vents on the wall? It is very tight to get past the bed so hope they have not been moved to the wall.

Agree that the Scirroco feels more spacious than the Storm but we wanted to be able to hope out of the bed from both sides. But as you say they are all nice inside.

Thanks.

Michael

• 1 month later...

Well we've gone with the Storm. Loved the layout. Lovely & spacious. Can't wait to get it now! Early May we've been told. I hope the good service we've experienced from Elddis & our dealer continues. :)

I currently own a 2010 cyclone and had a mistral before that.

Up till last summer I was very happy with the cyclone but had started to hanker after an end bathroom for the extra space so when I saw the storm I was ready to pay the deposit and order.

I looked at swift and others but just did not like them as much.

Sadly the last 7 months have been very stressful due to creases in sides of cyclone, leaking roof and windows so I am now branded part of the anti elddis brigade by people lucky enough thave no problems.

It's a shame because I still like elddis products best but not the customer service or dealer support I have had.

I hope the storm turns out to be a good one and your dealer looks after you - I wouldn't wish what I and others are going through on anyone!

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o