05 Elddis Avant'e 524 Awning Size Please Help??

Hi All,

Have been off forum for a while but am back thanks all for the advice on self topping up water butts and other subjects i ended up just buying the whole mains adapter and butt. The advice some of you gave about slow filling was right which is my only gripe with my purchase when we use our on board shower it can't top up the butt quick enough so you have to plan you shower before hand :unsure: The waste pipes i have bought also seem to take for ages to well waste ie drain water away i bought one of those black Y piece connectors that which looks nothing like a Y shape i think that is where the problem is what do you think? Also if i can pick more brains from the more experienced vanners out there i am wanting to buy a full awning for the above van. I was told buy a chap at Jacksons of Old Arley that i need to measure my van as the van manufacturers and the awning manufacturers always get sizes wrong now this is my problem my van is in Devon and we is in Brum and i would like to buy the awning before we go next wed. Is there anyone out there with an awning on there Elddis Avant'e 524 o5 model who can please tell me what the exact size there awning is in mm it should say on the packet :rolleyes: i would aprecitate any help and advice on the above subjects thanks in advance ;) Sorry to go on last but not least the reception from my freeview tv/combi is dreadful i am unable to get any signal from my staus van aerial and even when plugged into the sites aerial which has our 5 channels plus 4 digital ones. Surely i should at least get those channels as i said my dgital tv is a combi which has to run through a freeview box so could this be the problem as prevoius any help or suggestions very much appreciated god it's murder when the missus can't watch the soaps!!!

Edited by cbv8

its 985 cm

Models 524

Berths 4

MIRO KG 1135

Payload KG 225

MTPLM KG 1360

Internal Length Metres 5. 34

Shipping Length Metres 7. 15

Awning size cm's 985

its 985 cm

Models 524

Berths 4

MIRO KG 1135

Payload KG 225

MTPLM KG 1360

Internal Length Metres 5. 34

Shipping Length Metres 7. 15

Awning size cm's 985

Hi John,

Thanks for that but is that what you have read or is it from one you have fitted to an Elddis as the chap said the van&awning manufacters measerments are always wrong i have the booklets on sizes for my van but after what i have been told they cannot be relied on :unsure:

i got it from here its on page 103

its 9848cm or 32ft 4in ground to ground if the makers of the van dont know who will

http://www. explorer-group. co. uk/downloads/...er_handbook. pdf

if you look here it tell you how to order size's

9848cm or 32ft 4in ground to ground so yours will be a 19ft awning

http://home. btconnect. com/nrawnings/size. htm

Do not rely on the manufacturers specifications!!!

I bought my van last year an Elddis 505 and bought the awning according to the specs. Look too big once erected so I did some checking. 2005 specs said 951 cm and this is what I bought 2004 specs said 921 cm and I think the 2006 also said 921cm. Sure enough once measured I needed around 921cm for a perfect fit.

So I had an awning too big for the van not too happy :angry: So I complained to Explorer and they have paid for the awning to be altered - I still overpaid for the original awning, by buying a biger size than required but at least it fits.

Thanks all it's a tape of measurments job as i suspected it so happens i have got one of those 40metre cloth type tape measures just the job so i will just have to buy me awning at a later date. Am off to Dornafield (brill quiet site) this thurs can't wait to get away from the humdrum bills bills work work and more bloody work routine for a few days