When Is An Awning An Awning ?

Tandem Man

I have just booked a CC site for next year but for the first time had to book a non-awning pitch.

We have an Eclipse Magnum sunshade ( simply a roof with two upright poles and no walls,attached to the van not to an awning ).

Are these allowed on non-awning pitches or is it no shelters of any sort at all ??

Ian

I'm guessing a non-awning pitch would be a pitch which does not have the footprint to accommodate an awning. Although yours may strictly not be classed as an awning it may not fit. Call them and ask. ....

I'm guessing a non-awning pitch would be a pitch which does not have the footprint to accommodate an awning. Although yours may strictly not be classed as an awning it may not fit. Call them and ask. ....

Yes I will do before we go,just wondered.

Ian

I have just booked a CC site for next year but for the first time had to book a non-awning pitch.

We have an Eclipse Magnum sunshade ( simply a roof with two upright poles and no walls,attached to the van not to an awning ).

Are these allowed on non-awning pitches or is it no shelters of any sort at all ??

Ian

Hi Ian, as pointed out by Paul75 it can be down to the pitch footprint, for example the CC site at Seacroft in Cromer, the non awning pitches are very narrow with no where to pull out a CaravanStore let alone put up an awning, you can barely get the car down the side of the caravan.

However some CC sites where there are particularly nice views, those pitches at the front that benefit from the best views are non awning pitches so as to not spoil the view for those behind.

Ian

I think it is important that you check this out before arrival. We were at the CC site at Moreton-in-Marsh last weekend and someone had pitched and erected an awning on a non awning location. My wife called in the office to get our barrier pass just as the warden and the caravan owner were having a heated discussion. The warden said that because the site was very busy and others had used the pitches either side of them they would have to take down the awning. Not sure how it ended, but it is obviously an issue which the CC take seriously.

Pegasus 534,, Mercedes E280CDI

I read somewhere on the CC site (cant find it now) that a Caravanstore canopy wasnt regarded as an awning.

Hi,

I wasn't talking about what is or is not an awning, but the footprint of the actual pitch to accommodate the extension.

Baltic Wharf in Bristol is another site where there are a number of Non Awning pitches due to the size of the pitch footprint.