Caravan Club Site Bookings 2014

mtb_rich

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, can't get past the opening page, which as usual has been changed for bookings day.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Can't even get on the website despite trying three different browsers.

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I appear to have booked what I wanted at Easter and in the August school holidays. No confirmation email, so not convinced. \when you actually get onto the booking pages you appear not to be logged in. When you get to the reserve button, next to it it says login required. Like I say, I'm not convinced.

Edited by daineseboy

'57 Kia Sorento XT Auto - 2010 Bailey Olympus 504 (With weight upgrade)

Web site is saying that my email and password are not recognised. First time I have tried first day booking. Typical. Never had a problem before.

I have the same problem as daineseboy, I have signed in and actually reached the site I want and the dates I want, but when I select the reserve button i get taken back to the home screen which shows I am logged in. I havent had any e mail either. I am also trying the phone with no joy. I cant say i am best pleased.

M

I appear to have booked what I wanted at Easter and in the August school holidays. No confirmation email, so not convinced. \when you actually get onto the booking pages you appear not to be logged in. When you get to the reserve button, next to it it says login required. Like I say, I'm not convinced.

same here . ..ive probably double booked as i wasn't convinced the first time. ...nor the second lol

same rubbish every year

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

I have the same problem as daineseboy, I have signed in and actually reached the site I want and the dates I want, but when I select the reserve button i get taken back to the home screen which shows I am logged in. I havent had any e mail either. I am also trying the phone with no joy. I cant say i am best pleased.

M

I'm trying the phone too. Let us know what they say, if you get through.

same here . ..ive probably double booked as i wasn't convinced the first time. ...nor the second lol

same rubbish every year

I've probably double booked as well. Just tried again with exactly the same result.

I'm trying the phone too. Let us know what they say, if you get through.

I've probably double booked as well. Just tried again with exactly the same result.

I am also on the phone and its continually engaged, I have also tried to log in on the boys Ipad and also via another browser, neither will allow me access and the site seems jammed.

The really frustrating thing is that if I knew I had secured the 1 booking I was looking for i could sign out and leave someone else in, as it stands I am in limbo.

Surely a better option would be to look at phasing the bookings over a few days, so for example the South East could be Monday, South West Tuesday, Midlands Wednesday etc etc. It would make life easier for everyone.

M

Got in twice by 9. 30, just kept clicking away, and it did say that the bookings have been made at the end of it and that email confirmation was to follow.

From past years they take a while to come through. .

Don't think that you can book twice/duplicate for the same days as the first bookings have to be cancelled before the second is allowed.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Any organisation that creates a peak demand on its website and call centre by a policy like this has a serious issue in its management.

Got in twice by 9. 30, just kept clicking away, and it did say that the bookings have been made at the end of it and that email confirmation was to follow.

From past years they take a while to come through. .

Don't think that you can book twice/duplicate for the same days as the first bookings have to be cancelled before the second is allowed.

I didn't get that message. Couldn't even enter how many were in my party. Can't even log off the site and log in again.

Edited by daineseboy

I have got back in to the website and the site i was looking at is now showing as full- really unhappy now! I didnt get the message to say my booking had been confirmed, but I was in early. Not impressed at all.

M

Must admit, got in once, clicked on the site map to look for the site, it kicked me out and had to go through logging in all over again and the wait involved.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

I would be interested to know how many people have managed to book on line. I got onto Chatsworth on a serviced pitch then it froze. Then non serviced, it froze again. then no awning and it froze again. When I manage to get beck on the site they have all been booked up. I presume by phone.

Every time I get to the confirm button, I press it and it freezes. What a wasted day off work.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

All bookings done by 9-15, which is a record for me - even managed Rowntree at Easter which must be one of the highest demands. There were a couple of glitches eg where I was supposedly logged in but when you looked top right you could see you weren't so had to re-login which was a pain.

Apparently don't use IE 11, I used Firefox and Chrome which were fine. The message on the hopeful side is keep trying and you should get there. Agree though that there has to be a better way unless their supply/demand ratio is such that this is a good as it gets. You would think though that only applied to a few of their sites.

Overall a better experience than a few years ago when it simply crashed out.

Coachman Amara 380/2

Managed to get on briefly for one booking so grabbed it! Can't be bothered to be honest, there is so much choice out there now and club sites aren't particularly good value for us a family unless its one of the children for 1p sites (which one I booked was)

Edited by sunshinetours

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Le Phantom

I saw the sign in requirement at the top, but when i tried to use the button it wouldnt let me sign in as it showed me i was already signed in. This is really frustrating and I can only assume I have lost my bookings.

M

I just got on line again. All chatsworth gone for the dates I wanted, Just got on rowntree park, guess what, Pressed confirm button again and it says please wait again and freezes up.

Over to you guys, I've had enough.

It now won't let me log out. I can browse any sites and then it freezes on confirmation still . What a farce.

Edited by The Waltons

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

The site didn't and doesn't let me use Firefox, says I'm logged in on the holding site, but, when I get to the booking pages it says I'm not, so can't log out. :angry: Had to log in with IE. Managed to get what we wanted, thankfully. What a nightmare.

Edited by daineseboy

I only wanted to make on booking so I logged in after a wait at 09. 20 and had booked the site we wanted by 09. 40. I just followed the instructions and waited. Everything went smoothly. Well done Caravan Club.