Lunar Warped Windows - What To Do Next?

Pebble

Despite other threads I've started on the subject of warped windows, this one is more of a general advice question as to where do I go from here :( .

Some of you may have already gleaned that, due to a change in circumstances, we may have to sell our 2013 Delta Ti. However, with the warped windows, no serious buyer wants to know and yes, we've had some good offers.

I'm in almost daily contact with our dealer who has been told by Lunar after-sales, that all the components for the modified windows aren't available from Lunar at the moment, despite the new modified windows being on production 'vans on dealer's forecourts. Basically our dealer's service manager is in the hands of Lunar but maybe not fighting our corner as much as we'd like :( .

In the past few days, I've e-mailed Lunar's after-sales manager, their national sales manager and also Brian Mellor, their CEO, asking that someone contact us or our dealer with a solution and time scale bearing in mind our plight and wanting to move the 'van on. Suffice to say that to date, no one has made contact :angry: .

So, bearing in mind the 'van is basically unsellable, where do I go from here and what would you do in the same circumstances?

Thanks guys :) .

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Have you tried the Consumer advice helpline for free advice?

The dealer is your main point of contact and your contract is almost certainly with them, if you can establish a rapport with the manufacturer it may help speed up the process. ..

Would the dealer be able to make you a decent offer on the caravan?

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Bearing in mind the van is still within it's 12 month warraty the dealer and the manufacturer should both be trying to get the situation resolved as quickly as possible. I know when I had a disaggreement with my dealer I contacted Bailey direct and they were superb and sorted the problem out. Seeing that the dealer is giving Lunar a poor reputation and Lunar is giving the dealer a poor reputation I am amazed that nothing has been done. You have done all you can without resorting to the consumer watchdog and I would try a further email to their CEO stating you will take this further if you dont hear from them soon and they don'y comply with their obligation. My advice is keep trying. I got a demand from the tax man earlier this year as a result of them making a mistake with my tax code 4 years earlier for two years on the trot. Writing to them and their appeals dept got nowhere so I wrote to the prime minister who sent my letter to HMRC and the demand got quashed, well I was desperate as I was, and still am, very hard up and it would have meant selling the caravan which I could not replace.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Good advice here, will follow it up and keep you posted. Thanks guys :) .

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Fighting our corner? . ..... It is not your problem to solve its down to the dealer . Simple letter stating the dealer has 4 weeks to complete any work to correct the problem or you will be seeking legal action to claim a refund for the caravan .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .