Help - What Caravan Reversing/ Security Camera For Christmas?

Hello everyone.

Please excuse me for dropping in on your forum but I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

Im looking to buy a christmas present for my wifes parents and they are really into there caravan. They seemed very interested in a reversing camera at a show we went to so thought it might be an ideal gift for christmas :)

Does anyone have any recommendations on what would be the best camera about?

Im looking to spend approx £100 hopefully. Also if it works with iPhone or iPad even better as they are into there tech.

Once again thank you for any help. I have a VW camper so I guess its ok Im here :)

Dean

Welcome.

We looked at cameras but decided it was a bit of a hassle to install so bought a mover instead! :)

Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Welcome.

We looked at cameras but decided it was a bit of a hassle to install so bought a mover instead! :)

Thank you JsLocks for your reply. They have a mover already. Maybe they dont need a camera as well then? Excuse me for not knowing much. I just remember them being interested at a caravan show the other month.

Thank you JsLocks for your reply. They have a mover already. Maybe they dont need a camera as well then? Excuse me for not knowing much. I just remember them being interested at a caravan show the other month.

They might want it for seeing what is behind them rather than reversing but they will need to wire it up which is what put me off.

John

From your research what one looked best?

Not sure. The more you pay the better I suppose. I am sure someone will come on here with some better experience.

Edited by Jslocks

John

If they're into their Ipad/Iphone techy things, they could do as my pal does.

He sets his phone and pad up on facetime then puts the phone in the back window of his caravan and watches on his Ipad on his car dashboard,

Once you've got the phone and pad the rest id free!

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

I tried a wireless reversing camera on the back of the van, useless I had to modify it extending the wires from the camera to the sender unit so I could put that at the front of the van to make it work. It packed up after a while so I bought a full wired system as the link below I just plug it in when I hitch up and as it's a rear view mirror monitor it's in the right place to look at it. I have it powered up all the time I am towing a great addition to the extended wing mirrors.

http://shop. reversingcamerasuk. com/epages/es106294. sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es106294_shop/Products/M709/SubProducts/%22M709%205%22

He sets his phone and pad up on facetime then puts the phone in the back window of his caravan and watches on his Ipad on his car dashboard,

Thanks for the advice but wouldnt make a great present. I could print this page out and put it in a card I suppose :)

Thanks though buddy :)

I tried a wireless reversing camera on the back of the van, useless I had to modify it extending the wires from the camera to the sender unit so I could put that at the front of the van to make it work. It packed up after a while so I bought a full wired system as the link below I just plug it in when I hitch up and as it's a rear view mirror monitor it's in the right place to look at it. I have it powered up all the time I am towing a great addition to the extended wing mirrors.

http://shop. reversingcamerasuk. com/epages/es106294. sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es106294_shop/Products/M709/SubProducts/%22M709%205%22

Thank you very much. Will take a look at link now.

Why not get them a dashcam with two cameras one that fastens to the back of the vehicle and one that watches the road in front everything is recorded on a micro sd card. You will get a brill one on e bay for under the £100

The more I learn the more I know,the more I know the more I forget,the more I forget the less I know :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Love this idea! :)

I have a smartphone and a laptop and both have Skype. I'm going to give this a try on my next outing (on Sunday)

Love this idea! :)

I have a smartphone and a laptop and both have Skype. I'm going to give this a try on my next outing (on Sunday)

Loving this idea! If only I had a back window!!!

Loving this idea! If only I had a back window!!!

Sticky fixits for phone on the back of the caravan???

John

I was thinking velcro. .. Stick one velcro pad to the 'van, the other to a cheap smartphone case. When I need to reverse, put the smartphone in the case then stick it to the 'van.