French Rail Booking Online

Hi anyone know the best way to buy tickets for RER zone 5 into Paris for 1 week? Need a family of 4 pass

Thanks

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

At any manned station.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Russell I'd like to get a feel for the prices / special offers, is there a website I could use to research do you know?

Cheers

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Try this

www. parismetro. com

After more than 35 years caravanning changed to motorhome for 5 years and loved it but now back in the fold of caravanning but still miss our motorhome.

Kia Sorento KX3 Auto - 2021 Coachman Laser Xcel 575 Sussex Caravans Limited Edition

Lots of websites to choose from there. Just to add another, the RATP website is the official website at http://www. ratp. fr/en/ratp/c_21879/tourists/ and is very helpful.

As far as I know, you won't save any money by buying online, so as said above, just buy them when you get there. The passes are individual, to the best of my knowledge, so you will have one each. If you think you may not be travelling into Paris every day of the five days, it may work out cheaper to buy a "carnet" or two which is 10 individual tickets. The "Paris Visite" card is a lot more straightforward.

DON'T FORGET TO VALIDATE THEM AT THE YELLOW MACHINE if necessary, although I think with the Paris Visite ticket you just need to write "between" dates on.

We were in Paris at half term, and although we didn't necessarily get our money's worth out of the Paris Visite card it's certainly a lot less hassle than mucking about with a pile of tickets (and indeed, fishing tickets out of your pocket whilst watching out for pickpockets and making sure you haven't dropped anything on the floor!!!)

Edited by alison01326

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Hi

Another good site is www. transilien. com - be careful to always go to an official website. There are some third party booking agents.

As far as I am aware, the prices are the same prebooked for the RER as "at the counter". From my experience, you will get an English speaker at a Parisien station.

for zone 1 - 5, for a week, two adults and two children, is about 170 euro.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Trip Advisor gives good advice about tickets, and their useage limitations - see here:

http://www. tripadvisor. co. uk/Travel-g187147-s303/Paris:France:Public. Transportation. html

We bought zone 1-4 tickets (10 euros) from a machine on the station at Maisons Laffitte in 2011.

Like ValA we bought a 'Mobilis' pass for Zone 1-4 at Maisons Laffitte but to update you on prices, this cost €10-50 each at the beginning of May this year (2013) so no great increase in prices. There was no discount for the over 60s - I asked as it is usually 20% on rail tickets. The Mobilis enabled us to use the RER, Metro and buses all day long. I'm not sure what it would cost for Zone 5.

The Man in Seat 61 website (apparently that's the best seat to get on Eurostar) shows you how to use the machines at French stations to buy a ticket and we have used them several times. However, there is rarely a long queue at the ticket office.

The Paris Visite card as described earlier by alison01326 may be what you need as looking at the web site, Zone 5 is included in the suburb zone and it seems to cover the same modes of transport as the Mobilis but have other discounts as well. They have 5 day passes for adults and children are 1/2 price.

I admire your stamina if you are planning to travel into Paris as a family for successive days for a week but the 5 day passes provide a saving if you travel for 3 or more days in that period.