ellon1

Hi all,

Just bought a brand new Cadiz. i Iwas reading the owners manual regarding care of my new baby and it says

"Do not apply a carnauba-based wax to the vehicle"

Anybody any ideas of why?

Previously on the page it says

"Waxing the components once or twice a year
with a good grade paste wax will help to maintain the colour and finish".

Any recomendations for a wax or polish that doesn't contain carnauba?

Geo

Hi Geo

All i use on my Lexon is Care-avan waterless cleaner which is endorsed by Bailey. Works a treat. Have used Autoglym in the past as well.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Olympus. ..... :)

Lunar Lexon 640 matched to an Antara 2. 2 163 Exclusive.

I use Meguires NXT on my car and as I have this in stock will use this on my Senator. Am sure Autoglym would be good too and I've used that on cars in the past to good effect. Megs and AG are both synthetic products so no Carnauba which is a natural wax product. In fact most (almost all) the car wax/polishes you'll find in Halfords and the like are synthetic.

Carnauba wax has historically been used in high end car waxes and still is. In fact I use it on top of Megs on my car. Its not as long lasting as many synthetic products but does produce a good finish and is nice to work with. Feels 'nice' on your hands, bit like hand cream and dosent stain the black plastic trim found on many cars. According to Wikipedia its also used in some food products so not sure why Bailey are saying don't use it on their vans.

I'd also suggest washing with a good quality car wash fluid and at all cost avoid washing up liquid.

Hope that helps.

Unicorn IV Cartagena 2019my | Mercedes-Benz GLE350d (W166)

Senator Series 6 Indiana Now sold

Welcome ellon!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I can recommend the Tourershield service from Tourershine. After this you will not have to polish or wax your van again as long as you look after it as directed. Paul has just done my new Barcelona S2 and the result is superior to my previous van ( Valencia S1)which I had polished & sealed with Autoglym products myself. Getting the professionals in may seem expensive but it will save hours of elbow grease and the cost of the products you use. Aftercare is the same as I have always done, wash with AG shampoo & conditioner.

Bailey Unicorn Barcelona S2 pulled by BMW 530d touring. SEEMPLES!

I can recommend the Tourershield service from Tourershine. After this you will not have to polish or wax your van again as long as you look after it as directed. Paul has just done my new Barcelona S2 and the result is superior to my previous van ( Valencia S1)which I had polished & sealed with Autoglym products myself. Getting the professionals in may seem expensive but it will save hours of elbow grease and the cost of the products you use. Aftercare is the same as I have always done, wash with AG shampoo & conditioner.

+1.

G