Sign in to follow this  
ADL Caravan Services

Review: Rutland Caravan And Camping Park

I visited Rutland Caravan and Camping park in October and November in order to Carry out repairs to customers caravans on site. The site is well laid out, very clean and tidy with excellent facilities. The wardens there were most helpful . I would Certainly recommend a stay there.

Click here to view the UK campsite review

agree with the above comments we have just had our second stay at this campsite and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the peace and quite of the countrysde there is room for families as well as campers further over and have now got some log cabins started so a good all round campsite. the village is small but we enjoyed a meal and real ale at the plough public house very pleasent and all food freshley prepared

I stayed there last year, we had a fantastic time. . :) Very nice. They have a seperate 'Adults only' section. . Not sure what that's about :o:ph34r:

I believe that the site reviewed was previously known as Rutland Water Caravan and Camping site. However, it was not and is not, according to their own website, affiliated to the Caravan and Camping Club. It is affiliated to the Caravan Club.

• Like 1

We stayed there about 3 years ago on a large serviced pitch, agree about the food / drink in the Plough an easy walk to the village through the back of the site.

• Like 1

We stayed here last weekend. We had a fully serviced grass pitch. The site is spacious and well maintained. There are separate adult only and children's areas. Two shower blocks, the new adult only one is amazing with privacy rooms, disabled facilities and underfloor heating.

Laundry facilities.

There is an indoor swimming pool which we didn't use as it worked out expensive for an individual.

Good dog walk area and a dog shower.

5 minute walk to the village with 2 pubs.

Very easy access via good roads, only a mile or so off the A1.

Friendly helpful wardens. There is a shop on site but didn't sell much.

Will definitely go again.

We have stayed here a number of times. Friendly staff and the shop always used to sell double yolked eggs - never disappointed with the eggs.

The fist time we stayed, having half pitched, we asked to change pitch for a larger one (adult side) and not only did the accommodate that request, the warden of the day was straight over with his little tractor to tow the van over for me.

Two pubs in the village plus a third that was converted to a dog friendly Indian restaurant with good food. A post office cum general store completed the village. The Plough has great food and a nice pint of Taylor's Landlord. Ask for Beany, the licensee and chef.

All in all, a nice site with nice facilities and a lovely dog walk set in an on site orchard.

• Like 1