Unruly Filler Pipe

Searcher11

Many old hands may already know about this but for those new to Caravanning it may be useful. Many new caravans have an internal pump which while superior (especially in regard to the shower) to those having one at the end of the filler pipe, does have one drawback in that because the filter is much lighter than the pump it replaces, the pipe has a tendency to curl up stopping the flow of water. I overcame this by. Sliding off the filter and sleeving the flexible hose with a length of 22mm rigid white plastic pipe available from any DIY outlet. The pipe I used is that used with push fit plumbing fittings so is perfectly safe.

i will further to this very useful post by saying the same 22mm rigid white piping can also be used on most water filling points just cut about 18 inches of it off put a slant cut on both ends then drill a hole at one end on the low side with say an 8m drill bit and loop through a hair band, this pipe will fit the many different sizes of taps out and about thus making carrying a number of tap fittings to put your filling pipe on to redundant . you simply push your rigid pipe up to the taps nozzle and hang it on by the pre fitted hair band offer the other end into the water carrier and bobs your ankle plus it will oxygenate your water to keep it better for drinking etc B)

meandcaravan.jpg.e9cf995ee8c89b08e26d261aa10c0fc4.jpg2008 Bailey Senator Wyoming -2004 green oval Landrover discovery 2 td5-2005 Smart forfour.

Good advice but I bought one of these which incorporates the Aquaroll screw on cap. ...

http://www. towsure. com/product/Pump_Connector_to_suit_40mm_Aquaroll

Though mine was nearly half that price when I bought it!!

C

Good advice but I bought one of these which incorporates the Aquaroll screw on cap. ...

http://www. towsure. com/product/Pump_Connector_to_suit_40mm_Aquaroll

Though mine was nearly half that price when I bought it!!

C

I bought one of those,but what exactly is it for ??

It doesn't do what I thought it would do. :blush:

Ian

i will further to this very useful post by saying the same 22mm rigid white piping can also be used on most water filling points just cut about 18 inches of it off put a slant cut on both ends then drill a hole at one end on the low side with say an 8m drill bit and loop through a hair band, this pipe will fit the many different sizes of taps out and about thus making carrying a number of tap fittings to put your filling pipe on to redundant . you simply push your rigid pipe up to the taps nozzle and hang it on by the pre fitted hair band offer the other end into the water carrier and bobs your ankle plus it will oxygenate your water to keep it better for drinking etc B)

& if you shape the end it will take off the older type gas cowl :)

DSCN1008.JPG

DSCN1007.JPG

DSCN1011.JPG

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I bought one of those,but what exactly is it for ??

It doesn't do what I thought it would do. :blush:

Ian

Hi Ian,

I do not use the Whale charcoal filter. .. so once it's removed I push the pickup pipe down the white plastic pipe and screw the cap onto the top of the Aquaroll.

This keeps the bottom of the pick up tube close to the bottom of the Aquaroll.

This all assumes you have an onboard pump!

HTH,

G.