Holiday's Over Again....

Have spent the last two and a bit weeks touring as follows. Back at work tomorrow, but on the afternoon shift, so am staying out tonight too, will take the van to work tomorrow

Day 1, York to Daventry, had the satellite system checked, then onto Harbury Fields for a night

Day 2 - to Warwick first, then onto the CC Broadway. Met up with my friend who travelled Europe for three months with me back in 2011

Day 4 - to the CC Tredegar House near Cardiff

Day 5 - train to Pembroke Dock, got frozen to death watching and filming the ferry the "Isle of Inishmore"

Day 6 - train to Fishguard. Checked in for the ferry to Rosslare. Return crossing cancelled though, so trip abandoned. Fast car to Haverford West, then back to the CC

Day 7 - sorting out odds and sods, shopping in Cardiff and a grocery shop

Day 8 - to the CCC Chertsey, met up with my friend who I first met in Italy several years ago. He sold his motorhome a couple of weeks back

Day 9 - visitors from Caravan Talk (you know who you are!)

Day 10 - to the CCC Canterbury

Day 11 - early dash to Dover, a trip to Calais on the Spirit of France. Back on the same ship. Check in again for a trip to Calais on the Pride of Burgundy

Day 12 - early dart to Dover again, trip to Calais and back on the Pride of Canterbury. Dinner with friends, supper with more friends.

Day 13 - to Daventry for more attention to the satellite dish. Night stop in the car park

Day 14 - to the CCC Conkers

Day 15 - doing nothing.

Day 16 - train journey to Taunton from Burton on Trent. Met up with a pal who gave me a SKY box.

Day 17 - to the CC Polsbrook, Chesterfield

Day 18 - to York and work

I am away again on the 18th December, and have a day trip to Dublin booked on the HSS ex Holyhead.

It's the first time I have done more than a few days in the UK - usually anything over a week ends up overseas.

The photo shows the brekky onboard the Spirit of France.

Russell

post-15168-0-77763600-1385920847_thumb.jpg

post-15168-0-81619400-1385920851_thumb.jpg

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Crikey!! you should rename yourself "The Fugitive"! :o Just read this after having my tea, and I could

still eat that breakfast - it looks delicious! :rolleyes:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

What happened to the ice cream Rusty??

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Geoff, I was almost in tears when the crossing on the Stena Europe was cancelled. She was bobbing about in the harbour, let alone out at sea - the rougher the better for me. Still, the Stena Line have come good by honouring that price for the HSS. Can't wait for that.

R

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Stena keep throwing me 20% discounts on winter sailings. ..even more for pre-Christmas. .........I have done Irish Sea in Winter, not the nice short trips we know from HSS but the slow boat from Heysham taking about 8 hours to Belfast. ........

I'll wait till Spring when I go and see the relatives again. ..

geoff

You're not after Judith Chalmers job are you?

Strange how the French can't do fried oeuffs'!

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

What was that song lunarloopy. ........"an oeuff is an oeuff. .I can't go on etc. ..........."

geoff