Front Windows

If you lift the front windows up far enough do they then just come out as I want to remove them so I can then take the fixing strip of to re-seal as I think its leaking. I hope you all know what I'm on about. :unsure:

If you lift the front windows up far enough do they then just come out as I want to remove them so I can then take the fixing strip of to re-seal as I think its leaking. I hope you all know what I'm on about. :unsure:

Hi 111

Do do not say which make of caravan, but the majority of the front windows are removed by

1) remove the support window stay.

2) look at the window alloy track there are usualy small self tapping screws 2 per window,these keep the window hing in the correct position ( some have small pop rivets therefore drill out carefully)

3) remove the screws

4) clean the hing track, if there is some alloy corrosion and lubricate lightly (silicone furniture polish is ideal )

5 ) slide the windows out to the left and right. at about 30 degree angle

do you need info regarding the removal, cleaning and refitting the alloy strip?

Regards

Dave

Thanks for the reply Carabiker, It's a Bailey 2000 Padgent. The problem I have is that the hinge strip is resesed (spelling) so I won't be able to slide the windows out of the side, Hence hoping they would lift up & out. I looked under the rubber weather strip insert & it was sealed under there as well covering all the screws:( , Looks like it's going to be a bigger job than I first thought.

Archived