Waste Pipes

A little while ago I saw in the Caravan Club magazine an idea for connecting the caravan water waste to a Wastemaster. Previously I had always found it a bit hit and miss with the connections I had seen in Accessory Shops. I can't remember who the gentleman was with the idea but I am very greatful

David

WastePipes.jpg

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

A little while ago I saw in the Caravan Club magazine an idea for connecting the caravan water waste to a Wastemaster. Previously I had always found it a bit hit and miss with the connections I had seen in Accessory Shops. I can't remember who the gentleman was with the idea but I am very greatful

David

What bit of plumbing is it the goes in to the wastemaster David I can work the rest of it out but that bit I don't recognise

I saw a few of these in use last weekend at Troutbeck Head.

Seems like a good idea to me!

I just run two short waste pipes directly into my Wastemaster as I found the tee piece is where the 'leaks' seemed to occur.

Edited by Spyder

Bought one of these off e-bay fr about £6. Must say it works well and makes setting up the waste a lot easier. You could probably do one for yourself if you went round the builders merchants but I doubt it would be much cheaper.

We have a similar configuration on our Lunar except that we have joined up three waste outlets. total cost from B & Q was about £4. Don't get the white ones, get the grey ones which have rubber inserts which make a better seal.

i must admit i did the very same conversion on my waste pipes some time ago all told £3. 50 lighter and works well but i have a short tail pipe out of bottom to allow for ground up and down.

Alan.

It is a very neat arrangement BUT the 'T' piece is pointing in the wrong direction - the 'sweep' should go with the flow. However it looks as though it is only a matter of making the first 'inlet' the outlet and the 'outlet' the first inlet.

Personally I just use the normal flexible pipe and a 'Y' junction to reduce to one pipe.

What bit of plumbing is it the goes in to the wastemaster David I can work the rest of it out but that bit I don't recognise

Gray

I think the end that goes in the waste master is the same as the bit at the other end it is the Y section that is the odd one out. So 2 X L sections and 1 X Y.

Ted

You are right of course but constructing it the way I have the intakes are the right distance apart for my waste exits from the van.

B&Q will be having a field day in their plumbing department!!!!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

We did this a while ago when we saw in the CC club magazine.

Thought we would be able to gloat next time we were away with our friends, lol and behold all 4 of use had done the same thing!!!

We have found that our waste water flows much better in our van now. We can also take them apart easy and give them a clean through.

Regards

Trevor

Very nice arrangement though it appears that there appears to be a problem with the arrangement in the picture. Are my eyes deceiving me or is the conection to the wastemaster higher than the waste outlets?

I am not being smart just that I made the same mistake last December, with the result that none of the waste water would drain, mind it was minus 6 and 'cos the water didn't drain it was frozen in the waste pipe DOH!

Seriously the frozen stuff may not be a problem in the summer but if you don't have a good fall on the waste it may start to smell

Ian

Very nice arrangement though it appears that there appears to be a problem with the arrangement in the picture. Are my eyes deceiving me or is the conection to the wastemaster higher than the waste outlets?

Ian

I think its the angle at which I took the photo!!! I have a problem with my right hip so not keen on getting down on the ground unless I have to. It worked really well at both sites so far.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Caravan Travels

Ian

I think its the angle at which I took the photo!!! I have a problem with my right hip so not keen on getting down on the ground unless I have to. It worked really well at both sites so far.

David

Klyne,

I am a total idiot regarding this subject 'cos I actually tried to defrost the frozen pipes and didn't realise that the waste pipes on a Pageant Bordeaux has one to the shower and one, shared to the kitchen sink and to the bedroom waste. I actually spent ages pouring hot water down an empty wastepipe to defrost!

I think that I should in future RFM,

Ian.

David

Just to add my two penny worth. I see David that you are going into the low end of the Wastemaster. This reduces the capacity considerably. I always try to go into the High connection unless the slope of the ground does not permit.

Not exactly on your subject but my water inlet from the Aquaroll is right above the waste outlets. This is crazy on the Arizona. I have to juggle the positions of the Aquaroll and Wastemaster, also if I have used a leveling ramp under the wheel, this gets in the way as well.

To overcome this I am going to fit a second water inlet forward of the wheel arch, keeping the waste and supply apart.

Cheers

Bob R

Tut tut, outlet on the left is going against the flow !!!

Must have been a failed plumber LOL

Tut Tut already mentioned.

I should read all thread before posting DOH

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a few of these in use last weekend at Troutbeck Head.

Seems like a good idea to me!

I just run two short waste pipes directly into my Wastemaster as I found the tee piece is where the 'leaks' seemed to occur.

Very nice but a simpler solution is to use the grey fittings that are used throughout the 'van. These will plug directly into the waste outlet with no requirement for the flexy pipe. Two elbows and a tee sort it out.

We have a Sterling Eccles and the outlets are too low to plumb into the highest point of the Wastemaster.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Bought one of these off e-bay fr about £6. Must say it works well and makes setting up the waste a lot easier. You could probably do one for yourself if you went round the builders merchants but I doubt it would be much cheaper.

Bargain!

If you go to B&Q and opt for the 'push fit' fittings, the same size parts are only about £1. 90 for the three! I opted for the grey as they matched my outlet pipes. Also, call me tight, but the white or black ones are a few pence more per piece. Anyway, thanks for the idea, used them last week in Hillhead, Devon. No leaks and good fast flow from the sinks.

Guest iank

For winter use we fitted insulated around the pipe work, but you still need to make sure that your waste master is empty before going to bed unless you put some anti freeze in it. Of course you can always stay on a serviced site in winter then no worries! :D

got one from Ebay for £5. 50 -- fits OK and I suppose it will work OK too. ..

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club