Tv / Laptop / Dvd / Cd All In One

I've been looking at this baby. It's pretty costly but it's a tv/freeview/laptop/cd player burner/dvd player burner etc etc. It's high definition too. And works with pal/cecam etc. There's no separate freeview box. It seems to be the answer to my prayers (especially if it works through the status aerial)

But does it? Anyone tried one or have any opinions? It's not like buying a tv unfortunately as you can't just return it if you're not happy as you have to register on-line and it can't be returned to the shop after that!

http://www. johnlewis. com/Computing/Compute. ..63/Product. aspx

Looks ok, BUT I use my laptop with DVD writer/player which plays DVD's and CD's, records tv on laptop when used with a Freecom BVB-T USB STick. Can also load records (sorry CD's) onto laptop. Can use laptop with navigations systems etc, as well as internet access if really necessary

Cost, your choice of laptop and Freecom unit at about £45. 00 from www. EBuyer. co. uk.

Works in caravan from Staus Aerial, Freecom unit also has its own small but useful aerial.

Looks ok, BUT I use my laptop with DVD writer/player which plays DVD's and CD's, records tv on laptop when used with a Freecom BVB-T USB STick. Can also load records (sorry CD's) onto laptop. Can use laptop with navigations systems etc, as well as internet access if really necessary

Cost, your choice of laptop and Freecom unit at about £45. 00 from www. EBuyer. co. uk.

Works in caravan from Staus Aerial, Freecom unit also has its own small but useful aerial.

Thanks oldtimer, I'm only considering the machine - it looks mighty impressive, but with a price tag to match

I've been looking at this baby. It's pretty costly but it's a tv/freeview/laptop/cd player burner/dvd player burner etc etc. It's high definition too. And works with pal/cecam etc. There's no separate freeview box. It seems to be the answer to my prayers (especially if it works through the status aerial)

But does it? Anyone tried one or have any opinions? It's not like buying a tv unfortunately as you can't just return it if you're not happy as you have to register on-line and it can't be returned to the shop after that!

http://www. johnlewis. com/Computing/Compute. ..63/Product. aspx

But not all at the same time

Personally, I cant understand people fascination with going down the Laptop/ plug in card route, who remembers the expression JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF NONE ?

I would personally recommend going down the individual unit route ie, TFT TV, Freeview box, dvdplayer

I have a GOOD spec laptop I take with me, but it doesnt get used for watching TV or Films on, I use it for picture editing etc and I can do that whilst wife watches TV etc

Another point to bear in mind, if you have one of these all in one units, what happens if anything goes wrong with one bit of it, its all useless, at least with seperates you can still use it

Just my opinion

Edited by Mavrik

Impressive spec! and as the saying goes it ticks all the right boxes. We bought a Toshiba laptop at Christmas, very happy with the quality of it so far. As for being a jack of all trades, I'm not sure that I would agree with that. I'm sure it'll perform all the tasks it claims to do very well, accepted with the limitation that since its all built into one box it wont be able to carry out all functions simultaneously; which would not be the case if you bought all separate units. However, in the context of buying this for use in a caravan then I would see a massive advantage in having all these devices bundled in one box, and with a 17 inch screen that would make for very pleasant viewing I'm sure.