Are There Any Caravan Dealers, Lake District/penrith

Newby

We are spending Easter at Troutbeck CC site and would like to know if anyone knows of where I can obtain caravan and leisure kit in and around that area if the need/desire warrants.

Hope to get the awning up at last - purchased last September but thwarted by weather every time we ventured out. Only managed to try on van once at Barons car park to test for fit en route to the Lakes and once on a cc site during a brief lull in the wet - never even got properly pegged down.

Will be armed with a Caravan Talk badge in window and watching out for similar!

Happy Vanning

Ian

We are spending Easter at Troutbeck CC site and would like to know if anyone knows of where I can obtain caravan and leisure kit in and around that area if the need/desire warrants.

Ian

Same here Ian, we travel up tomorrow for 8 nights.

I did some checking on Dealers etc. in the area but they seem a bit thin on the ground withoutout travelling a fair distance - but I could be wrong.

Failing a disaster I think that we have most things covered but of equal importance are good Pubs and an Indian!! Sort that out when we get there though.

Also like you, first time with the awning.

Enjoy your stay.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

We stayed at Keswick and visited this caravan shop - Its only about 18 miles from Troutbeck

Barrons Cumbria

High Hesket (A6)

Carlisle

Cumbria

CA4 OJW

Tel: 01697 475000

Fax : 01697 473355

Email: cumbria@barrons. co. uk

See LINK

There are loads of camping shops in the area cos it seems that people to a lot of walking there :(

Hope to get the awning up at last - purchased last September but thwarted by weather every time we ventured out. Only managed to try on van once at Barons car park to test for fit en route to the Lakes and once on a cc site during a brief lull in the wet - never even got properly pegged down.

Will be armed with a Caravan Talk badge in window and watching out for similar!

Happy Vanning

Ian

You'll like Troutbeck. Nice, spacious site upgraded a few years ago.

Mlamont

As Mr Sheens say Barsea Leisure at Ulverston is not a bad set up.

We've just returned tonite from Troutbeck Head.

Great site but weather was a bit questionable.

We had rain, snow, high winds and blistering sunshine within 1/2 an hour! (Quite a few flooded pitches too, hardstanding at that!)

The people we were staying with had a jockey wheel problem and went to Barrons for a new one!

We've just returned tonite from Troutbeck Head.

Great site but weather was a bit questionable.

We had rain, snow, high winds and blistering sunshine within 1/2 an hour! (Quite a few flooded pitches too, hardstanding at that!)

The people we were staying with had a jockey wheel problem and went to Barrons for a new one!

Fortunately the pitches which flood also drain very quickly, at least that was our experience when we were there in a thunderstorm.

Mlamont

Archived