Sign in to follow this  
toby6033

How Do You Level A Twin Axle Caravan Side To Side?

Lock N Level has now arrived and I shall be putting it to use tomorrow

Pete

Would appreciate if you could let us know how it goes.

"She who makes the decisions" has it under consideration for us.

Ta

The video demonstrates its use - and does so very well.

It does not demonstrate maximum lift height - it demonstrates its functionality to achieve the goal - in this case to raise the second wheel high enough to fit the second wheel lock. Clearly the height raised was sufficient to do that as shown in the video.

They never said" let me show you how high it will go" - If you want that information go to the specifications where the max pressure and heights are discussed

but it didn't make me interested . . end of story

but it didn't make me interested . . end of story

But it made you interested enough to make ill informed negative comments about something you couldn't be bothered to investigate properly

But it made you interested enough to make ill informed negative comments about something you couldn't be bothered to investigate properly

There was no reason for me to investigate further . . and why should I not comment based on what appears in the advert?

From what I could see, it did not meet my requirements. Am I not permitted to say why?

Is one only allowed to make positive comments?

Pete

Would appreciate if you could let us know how it goes.

"She who makes the decisions" has it under consideration for us.

Ta

The site had various slopes and grades but all of the pitches were level!

So did not have need to use the old planks system or the new Lock N Level and the weather was atrocious so I wasn't inclined to play with it.

However, once back home and while the weather lasted, I decided to have a test run.

The instructions are very clear and easy to follow.

I noted the height from ground to center of rear wheel as 27cm prior to inflation of LNL.

MTPL of my caravan is 1854kg and I was probably at or about that weight.

The center of the rear wheel was raised to 35cm with 27 PSI showing on the compressor when the forward wheel became free to rotate and the time to achieve this was so swift I didn't really have time to check it.

One the second lock was in place, I opened the balance valve to equalise the pressure and height of the two wheels and noted that the height of both centers was 30cm pressure now registered as 20 PSI.

Since I wasn't looking to level the caravan on this occasion, I continued to inflate until the recommended max pressure of 30PSI was registered. I then measured the height from ground to center of both wheels and they were at 43cm.

That's more or less a 6 inch lift in minutes with no effort and I'm well satisfied.

I followed the direction for deflation and removal of locks and it all went exactly as the instructions indicated it should,

I have never had to use more than two of my 2 inch thick scaffolding planks to level my caravan side-to-side (if that was insufficient, I would re-locate) so 6 inches of lift more than meets my needs.

Much appreciated Pete.

We're still contemplating the "offside" levelling scenario discussed elsewhere.

So did not have need to use the old planks system or the new Lock N Level and the weather was atrocious so I wasn't inclined to play with it.

However, once back home and while the weather lasted, I decided to have a test run.

I noted the height from ground to center of rear wheel as 27cm prior to inflation of LNL.

The center of the rear wheel was raised to 35cm with 27 PSI showing on the compressor when the forward wheel became free to rotate and the time to achieve this was so swift I didn't really have time to check it.

One the second lock was in place, I opened the balance valve to equalise the pressure and height of the two wheels and noted that the height of both centers was 30cm pressure now registered as 20 PSI.

Since I wasn't looking to level the caravan on this occasion, I continued to inflate until the recommended max pressure of 30PSI was registered. I then measured the height from ground to center of both wheels and they were at 43cm.

That's more or less a 6 inch lift in minutes with no effort and I'm well satisfied.

I followed the direction for deflation and removal of locks and it all went exactly as the instructions indicated it should,

I have never had to use more than two of my 2 inch thick scaffolding planks to level my caravan side-to-side (if that was insufficient, I would re-locate) so 6 inches of lift more than meets my needs.

Sorry people, got a new iPad afew weeks ago, still getting used to it! Brilliant review Pete thinking of getting one myself, got fed up of bits of wood littering up the boot of the car, and having a motor mover attached to a Barcelona means I have lost the jacking point, so scrambling around under the van with a small trolley jack on the side of a French motorway cannot be fun! I have read the negative reviews about locknlevel but anything to make life easier has got to be good, hasn't it? My only reserve is if it is only half inflated is it a bit squidgey how did you find it Pete ?

Sorry people, got a new iPad afew weeks ago, still getting used to it! Brilliant review Pete thinking of getting one myself, got fed up of bits of wood littering up the boot of the car, and having a motor mover attached to a Barcelona means I have lost the jacking point, so scrambling around under the van with a small trolley jack on the side of a French motorway cannot be fun! I have read the negative reviews about locknlevel but anything to make life easier has got to be good, hasn't it? My only reserve is if it is only half inflated is it a bit squidgey how did you find it Pete ?

Hii, Steve;

I think I understand what you mean by "only half inflated" but I think under normal levelling situations, it would rarely be "fully inflated" and I would only anticipate doing that in the event I had to change a wheel.

It seemed to me that, with the weight of the van pressing on the containment envelope, it was rock solid to the touch no matter the pressure and the fullness of the envelope. - I was never able to effect a roll (or wave) type movement. (you and I must have similarly sceptical thought process)

In all situations, once you have achieved the height you desire, you then lower and lock the steadies. So there shouldn't be, and we have never experienced, any "squishyness ?"

Ordered one today, sounds good, let's hope it does the job, thanks for the advice pete

I'd been giving some thought on achieving easy levelling and in my head I knew what was needed.

So I did a Google search on leveller images and found exactly what I'd invisaged.

Oooh, I want one of these!

https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=lkzhFm_J0JQ

Guess what, it's American. So either I'll either have to import one, or make one, unless someone in here has knowledge of something similar in the UK

Here's a vid of that E&P system in use:

Mind you, I believe it's about 3 grand fitted. ..

Edited by TonyJover