Sign in to follow this  
Goingsolo

Elddis Avante 2013 Cracked Gas Bottle Locker Door

Has anyone else had a problem with this? The week I picked the van up I went away and first time I closed it a 5 inch crack appeared along the top near side close to the hinge. Took ages to get me a replacement. I waited until 1st service last week to have it fitted along with other warranty work. Service agent phoned to say it cracked when they came to close it. This time top offside close to hinge but much longer crack.

Phoned Elddis today and I was told they have not heard of anyone else having this problem. I don't believe them. I am sure back in May I read a post from someone whose locker door cracked all the way along and fell off.

The replacement door was also supplied without an Elddis badge placed in the large oval space in the middle. In consequence it looks as though it has a large belly button! Not nice at all.

Not saying anything or the naughty step beckons

Another post removed. No wonder the contributions to this group are drying up.

Well said. so much for free speech. Time to move to forum that allows anyone to discuss a topic without fear of being deleted.

Not much point in contributing to forum that does not, all members get is LOCKED/ REMOVED

Admin better watch out or members will leave.

Time to say Goodbye to all members.

Another post removed. No wonder the contributions to this group are drying up.

Well said. so much for free speech. Time to move to forum that allows anyone to discuss a topic without fear of being deleted.

Not much point in contributing to forum that does not, all members get is LOCKED/ REMOVED

Admin better watch out or members will leave.

Time to say Goodbye to all members.

Are you sure it was deleted?

Maybe it has just blended in with the others as they are all the same!

Davros

yes i am sure, checked all my posts in profile, All gone.

yes i am sure, checked all my posts in profile, All gone.

And mine.

Ian

My posts in profile are still there. .....more to the point it was me who posted about the cracked locker door in May 2013.

So back to OP, yes they do crack and C&S caravans in Burnley who replaced mine have also had to replace one other too

Rich

Got my 2013 Avante out of storage thursday and there is no signs of cracking on the back panel. Had to take it to dealer to have the cracked locker door replaced under warranty, but my dealer sorted it all out with no problems.

Got my 2013 Avante out of storage thursday and there is no signs of cracking on the back panel. Had to take it to dealer to have the cracked locker door replaced under warranty, but my dealer sorted it all out with no problems.

Just spotted this post from a couple of years ago and our back panel did crack later that year!

Dealer spotted it while they were repairing another problem and replaced the panel at the same time.