Sign in to follow this  
scotta1955

2014 Crusader Mistral

Thought I had found the ideal replacement for my crusader tornado but with an MTPLM of 1800kgs my BMW X3 will sadly be too lightweight. Oh well back to the drawing board!!

Scotta1955

The standard Plated MTPLM of the 2014 Crusader Mistral is 1637kgs which can be uprated to a maximum of 1800kgs at the request of the customer. Therefore the standard product would be delivered with a plate stating an MTPLM of 1637kgs.

Hope this is useful

Regards

David

Scotta1955

The standard Plated MTPLM of the 2014 Crusader Mistral is 1637kgs which can be uprated to a maximum of 1800kgs at the request of the customer. Therefore the standard product would be delivered with a plate stating an MTPLM of 1637kgs.

Hope this is useful

Regards

David

Well thanks David, in that case it's back on my list of possible replacements!! Was it just me or is the technical spec a little misleading? I do like the crusader range but the double axles are too heavy for my Beemer.

I also like the idea of the GRP sides, they should offer a more robust structure when dealing with awnings. I have an isabella magnum and have found that manufacturers have not really taken porch awnings into account when designing door and window layouts.

Thanks for hijacking my thread!

No need to thank me.

Edited by point blank

Damn, thought I was going to see one in the flesh at our local dealership but it seems they are very elusive and there are no examples to be seen. Shame really, why would I consider ordering a 22k product without seeing first? Oh well there's always the SECC next year||

Damn, thought I was going to see one in the flesh at our local dealership but it seems they are very elusive and there are no examples to be seen. Shame really, why would I consider ordering a 22k product without seeing first? Oh well there's always the SECC next year||

Hi Scotta1955,

As the Mistral was launched this month at NEC (the rest of the range went on sale 01 Sept), it'll take a little while for stock to get to Retailers.

The good news is that there will be demo vans arriving shortly at Wallace, Dyce and - further north - S&D Harper very shortly. Our schedule tells me that their demo models are due offline mid-Nov, but you should always call your chosen Retailer to check when they have arranged delivery and to arrange a visit.

At around the same time their Mistral demos will be available to: Catterick, Tyneside Leisure World, North East Caravans, Campbells and Glossop - plus many more Retailers further South.

I hope this helps? Many thanks,

Rachel

Thanks Rachael, My nearest retailer is Overland Caravans, I'm hopeful they will also be getting a Mistral at some point.

Thanks Rachael, My nearest retailer is Overland Caravans, I'm hopeful they will also be getting a Mistral at some point.

The first production run is now closed, so if you want to see (or indeed purchase) the new Mistral this side of Christmas, Wallace would be your closest. I can't at this point confirm when Overland will take a Mistral demo, but whichever Retailer you choose to buy from will be able to confirm availability.

Really pleased to hear that you like the Mistral and would consider it a replacement for your Tornado.

Rachel

When is the next Mistral production run, we have one on order and have a guide date for delivery of mid March? We are buying from South Coast Caravans near Romsey. Thanks