Review: Campingplatz Allweglehen

We stayed for 4 nights at the end of June 2013 and thought it was a great area and site albeit somewhat "rustic", and agree with everything in this review.

Edit: It's also got a small swimming pool.

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

Can't believe I didn't add the swimming pool, not that we used it, seems you were there around the same time as us tho I didn't see any one wheeled wagons!!, it rained for a couple of days then cleared up.

We were there in June also and while I generally agree with your comments, we mostly dealt with a woman in reception who was partially disabled (sorry, didn't get her name, so the only way I can identify her). We found her to be most unhelpful - she didn't/wouldn't speak English which is OK as I speak a little German, but she made no attempt to point out the pricing structure for the pitches and insisted on charging me for Wi-Fi despite the ACSI book declaring it was free. She also wouldn't let our friends pay the night before departure - I had seen the manager who happily accepted payment and was very pleasant. While we liked the site, it was very expensive for an ACSI place after all the extra charges were added. We didn't get to try the restaurant - the night we were going to go, it was closed to host a "beach party"! Looked nice and we were a bit disappointed not to get the chance. We used the swimming pool a lot to keep cool - it was 40'C one day!

John M

Edited by millerhouse12

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

We were there 27th June for 4 nights.

It's run by (possibly owned by) the Fendt family. Old man Fendt had a bit of English and was OK to deal with - he let us pay the day before we left. He lives in one of the huge Austrian style houses at the bottom of the site. The other male members of the family have excellent English and were very charming.

I particularly liked the golf cart which they whizzed you round in to select your pitch - the site is mostly terraced and has some difficult slopes.

We were on the Kehlsteinblick Terrace so could see the Eagle's Nest, but we also had a fantastic view of the Watzmann mountain. We had a huge fully serviced pitch and it cost 25 euros per night with the ACSI card.

http://www. allweglehen. de/en/camping/terraced-camping. html

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while