Stainless Steal Sinks Scratching

Road Runner

My Ace Jubilee Statesman 04

I have used close a fitting plastic bowl in the sink from day one of owning the van but the sink is scratching itself badly and not from grit in the used water.

I know I am not the only one with this problem.

Who else suffering from it too?

Yes I have the same problem, after only 3 months, the thing is we are not meant to put bowls in the sink, the same applies to the sinks in our homes. , a kitchen fitter told me in time the scrstches blend in with the sink. ,let's wait and see. :blink:

Shiba.

:rolleyes: Dont panic Mr Mainmaring ### As a plumbing and heating engineer/ kitchen fitter your last reply was correct the first reasonable sceatch on stainless steel seems a disaster believe me its not,just use the sink without a Plastic bowl in a few weeks you wont see the first scratch as its blended in with the others, Dump the plastic bowl as this will pick up any gritty deposits and they embed into the base of the plastic(a sort of plastic file) Another good tip DONT use wire wool products as any shards left in the bottom of the sinks surface will rust(yes even stainless steel regards Old VAN man

Instead of a cloth perhaps use a small purpose made "duckboard" betwenn the bowl & the sink, glue the joints not screws.

5727[/snapback]

Hi

Use an cut down shower mat, cut to the shape of the sink, most mats have drain holes in, also help to filter the larger particals of waste food that tend to cause the blockages in the waste pipes. Remove the mat and rinse as reqired .

Some caravan dealers stock mats for placing in the sink. Ie Reads of Blackburn

http://www. read-caravans. com

Dave

When we bought a new stainless sink for the house, it became obvious that there were sinks and sinks and the price reflected this. There are various grades of stainless steel and it appears that far from being the tough and hardwearing material it is supposed to be, when used in cheap sinks, the stainless steel is quite inferior and much much less hardwearing to the point I think where they effectively rust :unsure::angry:

No prizes for guessing what quality caravan sinks are :lol: