Sign in to follow this  
nevonheronlake

2013/4 Buccaneers Build Quality

What a strange point. If I buy a caravan I check to see what warranty there is, don't see why I need to pore over the contract, I just check the warranty on the website. Surely the point of the members who have had problems is that the warranty, when needed, isn't delivering?

Totally agree. I do appreciate the concerns the forum admin and mods have about making themselves vulnerable and I understand why they have to delete or alter some posts. However, I am always disappointed when attacks are made on those who relate problems. One member said she never visited the make sub forum as people were saying nasty things about that make. Personally I find this info very very useful esp. when contemplating buying one.

Hi hp. Your closing sentence is a very valid one and indeed anyone that comes onto a forum such as CT is only really doing what a great many do down at the pub,or at the golf club or the squash court or even out riding their bike. They ask for help,guidance and or advice when contemplating a purchase or pondering a notion.

To actually admit to not looking into the sub forum is tantamount to saying that they never ask anyone for help and or advice.

They are actually the very ones that are greeted with wide-open arms and the gift of the gab by card processing machine wielding sales people.

Why are the people who have the issues, and i dont doubt there are issues now turning on the forum that has allowed them to vent there frustration . I can understand the moderaters and forum owners are worried about being caught up in court action, i often come onto here and read the same old posts by the same people and sigh, yes i feel your frustration but please not every day. If as you say no one is listening go try somewere else and see if you get better results then come back and post the findings, this is bound to upset some and i will not respond as i have said all i want to say on the matter, jim

Why are the people who have the issues, and i dont doubt there are issues now turning on the forum that has allowed them to vent there frustration . I can understand the moderaters and forum owners are worried about being caught up in court action, i often come onto here and read the same old posts by the same people and sigh, yes i feel your frustration but please not every day. If as you say no one is listening go try somewere else and see if you get better results then come back and post the findings, this is bound to upset some and i will not respond as i have said all i want to say on the matter, jim

well there is a easy answer,don't read them. So what you are saying is only come on and say nice things or don't come on at all. Could you please let us know what day or month or even year you wish us to post any comments. As regarding trying somewhere else, could you please tell me where. I have tried my dealer,manufacturer even CAB. So were do advise next.

Are elddis putting pressure on our moderators to shut down any negative posts as they dont like the bad publicity,if thats the case then the easiest way to sort this out is to admit they have not told the truth about and pothole theory is a load of codswallop.

Hi all

sorry its been a while but a last ELDDIS have agreed to come and take a look at the damage to my Buccaneer caravan

this has taken some time and a lot of phone calls but in the first week of march they will come and assess the damage and make a decision if there going to repair it or not.

wish me look.

mark

Excellent news - hope it all goes well :)

Well said Scoobz. If only we all could have come on and said something nice about Elddis. None of us wanted these problems, the bad service we have received or the stress we have suffered.

I fitted a porch awning to my current caravan in accordance with the instructions but it left 3 dents where the poles touched the aluminium skin. I have ordered a new solid van and was hoping it would be ok but reading this it appears I will need to look at inflatable/pole less awning :angry:

Elddis fit the awning rail so assumed it should cope with an awning but it appears they can wriggle out from your letter and claim incorrect fitting - not sure how you prove otherwise :unsure:

Looks like you need to get some proper legal advice if you want to pursue this further :(

Yes no happy with the answer I got from Elddis so i have no choice but to go legal

I can't belive that there saying its down to overnighting of the poles In all three places so much for the new GRP sides being stronger

So it's come me going legal to all three parties Elddis,Isabella and the supplier of the caravan

Wish me look.

Mark

Admin Comment

David Whitehead has clearly stated that they will not enter into discussions with individuals via the forum.

Caravan Talk will not enter in to further discussion on this subject, as everyone now has clear direction from Elddis on what needs to be done with regards to reporting their problem, there is nothing further we can do to assist.

Any further posts that attempts to agitate the situation will be deleted.

So why cant the elddis spokesperson just make a statement that states we will contact all the members on this forum with either the cracked panels or cracked side panels individually as he knows who we all are as i think thats all the members want his some corrospondance and to feel as all is not lost.

SIMPLE

So why cant the elddis spokesperson just make a statement that states we will contact all the members on this forum with either the cracked panels or cracked side panels individually as he knows who we all are as i think thats all the members want his some corrospondance and to feel as all is not lost.

SIMPLE

they contacted me before over two problems I had,David Whitehead being one of them.