adora

Are Adria Vans Better Built Than Their British Counterparts?

Took a look at the new Adora range at the NEC show. Very impressed with the build quality and style (Though the Isonzo bathroom was a lot smaller than expected for the size of caravan) Main problem for us is they are to wide and heavy, if Adria could just make them narrower and lighter, they would be even better and fit into a lot of other UK caravaner's profiles.

I very much liked the Altea Trent with the island bed and very, very low weight drawing me in but the bathroom was to to small for the other half. Again the build quality was excellent. Shame the Sportline wasn't there.

Hi gaz40,

We took delivery of a new 2013 Adria trent last week. We love it! fixed bed is brilliant, so big. Like you, I was a bit unsure about the small bathroom, esp as our old van had a massive end bathroom. However used it whilst away and it was actually better than I thought, but it I agree isnt for everyone. Also our first camping experience was with a Talbot Talisman camper with a smaller bathroom, so we have experienced small bathrooms before. When we do commercial sites we tend to use the on site facilities To us it is so luxurious, like a hotel suite! Towed beautifully with our vauxhall vectra. The Trent has a massive Thumbs up from us. Happy caravan hunting

Hi gaz40,

We took delivery of a new 2013 Adria trent last week. We love it! fixed bed is brilliant, so big. Like you, I was a bit unsure about the small bathroom, esp as our old van had a massive end bathroom. However used it whilst away and it was actually better than I thought, but it I agree isnt for everyone. Also our first camping experience was with a Talbot Talisman camper with a smaller bathroom, so we have experienced small bathrooms before. When we do commercial sites we tend to use the on site facilities To us it is so luxurious, like a hotel suite! Towed beautifully with our vauxhall vectra. The Trent has a massive Thumbs up from us. Happy caravan hunting

For the weight and cost of this caravan, its looks a excellent comfortable caravan and well put together. ....

Enjoy your Adria :)

Just a quick question. .....The caravan at the show had a LCD TV on the kitchen worktop, is there room on the shelf above the fire or can it be mounted on a bracket on the cupboard above the fire ?

Edited by Gaz40

Hi,

There is a proper aerial point and tv shelf in the bedroom. Tv wouldnt go on that little shelf above the fire really, ita a bit tight, also the pantry door cupboard, which incidently is fab storage, open outwards so it would be a bit of a pain. Hubby thinks u could mount it on the side of the pantry. The dropdown table at the front is ok, as is the shelf across the front window which is wide. When we took the van out we took the tablet, but the site didnt have wifi. We are going to get a pole aerial for the time being. (aerial connection in the elec hook up compartment outside)

Hi,

There is a proper aerial point and tv shelf in the bedroom. Tv wouldnt go on that little shelf above the fire really, ita a bit tight, also the pantry door cupboard, which incidently is fab storage, open outwards so it would be a bit of a pain. Hubby thinks u could mount it on the side of the pantry. The dropdown table at the front is ok, as is the shelf across the front window which is wide. When we took the van out we took the tablet, but the site didnt have wifi. We are going to get a pole aerial for the time being. (aerial connection in the elec hook up compartment outside)

Cheers !

We contemplated an Adria Astella Rio Glam earlier this year, when looking for our new 'van.

It was a shame, that the 2014 model, is now only two-berth (as it has leather) it was also a little heavy for our cat at 2000kg.

We looked at all the usual British stock, but nothing floated our boat. - So we stuck with the European theme, and bought a Hobby.

I am new to the world of motorhomes but relate to comments re build quality. I lived in Germany and Holland for my early years and early adult life so tend to favour most things continental. i.e. cars owned Mercedes BMW Audi and Porsche.

I am keen to purchase a compact motorhome to tour Europe for two years therefore want one suitable to stand up to the rigours of winter. I will be travelling alone and intend to use it in Britain for the coming year to sort out any gremlins. Today I favour the Adria Compact. I see comments about Dethelffs and would welcome comments from those who are more experienced.

9 minutes ago, Douglas Hellier Laing said:

I am new to the world of motorhomes but relate to comments re build quality. I lived in Germany and Holland for my early years and early adult life so tend to favour most things continental. i.e. cars owned Mercedes BMW Audi and Porsche.

I am keen to purchase a compact motorhome to tour Europe for two years therefore want one suitable to stand up to the rigours of winter. I will be travelling alone and intend to use it in Britain for the coming year to sort out any gremlins. Today I favour the Adria Compact. I see comments about Dethelffs and would welcome comments from those who are more experienced.

Hello DHL, I've lived (and still do) in Germany for the past 31 years and although I tend to buy Japanese cars I have had experience of many different Continental brand caravans and Motorhomes(I've hired many). My in-laws previously had a Buerstner Mototorhome, they were very happy with it as it was well put together and fault free. They now have a Phoenix Motorhome, it was very expensive (150k) but it is 'mint'!!

My neighbour has a Dethleffs Globetrotter XXL, he's very happy with that too. A work colleague of mine has a Knaus Motorhome. it's had a few minor niggles but on the whole he's happy with it.

I don't know what your budget is but I wouldn't rule out any of the Continental Brands. If value for money is high on your tick list have a look at Carado.

https://www.chelstononline.co.uk/new-carado-motorhomes