Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyMark

Decent Head Torch?

Its not just kids its a man thing, we collect torches all our lives & the more the merrier B)

Oh & fishing tackle too :)

Oh dear, I hope I'm not a man. At least I don't have any fishing equipment but my torch, lantern and battery operated LED fairy light collection continues to grow apace.

I've been using my LED Lenser H7R recently whilst fitting stuff to my 'van (e. g. external antennas). It has been brilliant (pun intended). I’ve been putting it on when the sun goes down and leaving it on for hours and hours. Just got back now (0300hrs) and it’s been on since it went dark. I’ve been plugging it into my car when I leave the 'van to charge (I have a permanently live cigar adapter fitted in the boot).

Just can’t fault it.

p. s. went cycling the other week in the dark and it performed admirably then too.

p. p. s. I have around 15 or so torches/lanterns dotted around my person, equipment, car, 'van, key ring, halway etc.

My wife was after a head light for outdoor night duties, water carrier filling, toilet emptying, trips to the off licence etc, but no way was I shelling out Petzl money.

Managed to pick up a decent miners helmet and battery pack from a local boot sale, knocked the bloke down to 3 quid.

The helmet holed and well scuffed but battery has plenty of life left in it.

Managed to find some gaffer tape nearly the right colour to cover the hole.

She moaned from the start.

Battery pack too heavy on her Chanel belt, helmet wrong colour, not going to look 'cool' in front of other vanners blah blah.

I've told her to get on with it and be grateful, years back women never had headlights, it's going to be dark when she wears it anyhow!

Never been happy unless she' s got something to gripe about.

Showed this to my wife this morning, she says I have to make my own way to casualty with only one eye open, and not to be late back for Sunday lunch otherwise she will feed it to the dog!