Sign in to follow this  
Duffy

Thetford C250 Electric Toilet Flush Problem

Thanks to this post i fixed my C250. Fuse was corroded so i replaced that then checked for 12v from connectors tucked away in small hole right side near door and then at fuse and across fuse, all ok then removed sticker on flush button and removed PCB only to see it corroded and circuit tracks blackened. Replaced PCB and used silicone grease and covered all connections and PCB boards hopefully years of trouble free use.

Until the pump shaft corrodes solid ;)

I had the same problem with the thetford 250 toilet in my Bailey Senator 6 Virginia. Found out that the problem was corrosion on the circuit board and that the connector was beyond repair. But, I must say Thetfords service is very good: after an email inquiring about the availability of a new one, Thetford benelux sent me one, free of charge, the next day! Chapeau!

• Like 1

What do you have to do to access the fuse holder or PCB? I have looked at the diagram and itseems you have to remove the bowl to access the fuse holder? If so, what do you have to do to remove the bowl. Patience please for a noobie DIY person. Thanks. :D

Edited by DeltaTIowner

What do you have to do to access the fuse holder or PCB? I have looked at the diagram and itseems you have to remove the bowl to access the fuse holder? If so, what do you have to do to remove the bowl. Patience please for a noobie DIY person. Thanks. :D

No, if you remove the cassette (The big portable poo holder) you can see behind where it goes at the back of the cupboard is a small circuit board on a plastic stick. .. Next to this on the base of the unit is a small clip in fuse holder.

No, if you remove the cassette (The big portable poo holder) you can see behind where it goes at the back of the cupboard is a small circuit board on a plastic stick. .. Next to this on the base of the unit is a small clip in fuse holder.

Thanks. I will check when next we are down at the caravan as we also have damp in that area around the water inlet downwards. In addition, we had problems with fluid leaking into the cassette "cupboard" so more than likely this has affected the fsue holder. The dealer did a modification recently which has stopped thsi fluid leaking into the cupboard area. Although the caravan is out of its 3 year warranty I think I will put in a warranty claim for this board anyway and see what happens.

Edited by DeltaTIowner

I would like to thank everyone who has posted on this thread. Like many others my flush stopped working and my first thought was what do I do now? Having followed the various tips on here it now works fine - I am not sure which tip it was but the fuse seemed not to be particularly corroded.

When I pulled the pump down so that I could see it and spin the impeller, it did come away from the pipe and the pipe stayed hidden, so to anyone else make sure you reconnect the pipe and put a clip on it.

In my investigations I did want to take that pan off but I was unable to achieve that despite following the Thetford video on youtube. Any advice would be good as looked like I would end up breaking the retaining clip. It is not something I need to do, but knowing how may be useful for the future.

Thanks again - Geoff

• Like 1

Tks for giving us an update as this can help others in the future.

Thanks to this thread, I now have a flushing toilet 😉

Not sure if it was the fuse or the circuit board as cleaning them individually didn't work, until I got a little violent with them 😲 Maybe it was the connectors that were corroded ?

Phil.

• Like 1

Mine has just stopped working as well. I've changed the fuse, pushing it in and out to try and clean the contacts and sprayed with WD40, no difference. The tank is empty, but the red warning light is on. When I press the flush button, the warning light goes off. When I removed the holding tank I found some sort of tiny electrical component underneath it. Black, about 12mm long and about 2mm square with a cranked wires sticking out of each end. Any idea what that can be. The lights don't dim when I press the flush button. Help!

That little black item is the reed switch. I pulled the circuit board out, the terminals are badly corroded as well

That little black item is the reed switch. I pulled the circuit board out, the terminals are badly corroded as well

It is highly likely that the electrical connector on the board under the sticker membrane (Flush button) is also heavily corroded. Sounds like you may have a lot of replacing to do.

Fitted new reed switch board, still doesn't work. ..

Hi All, I'm pretty new to caravan ING and my c250 has stopped flushing and the warning light doesn't work, the fuse has blown and been replaced but still no go,could someone tell me now to find the pump itself and replace it, is in the cassette housing or inside the bathroom, thank you 

Malc