Truma Ultra Heat Not Working

andromeda411

Message added by CT Advertising,

I have a truma ultraheat fitted to my bailey 2005 caravan, when I turn the electric heater on the green light on the control panel lights and the heater starts heating on all 3 settings however after about 3 or 4 minutes the heater knocks out the RCD on the caravan 240 volt section of the consumer unit. Allowing the heater to cool then switching on again exactly the same thing happens, if anyone has had the same experience then is this likly to be a fault in the heating element or could it be the control circit. Any help much appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

The Truma fire heats up very quickly on electric but goes stone cold immediately fans are switched on therefore blowing cold air. 

Have had caravan 10yrs without problem

It's as if switching fans on switches the heating element off. 

Any idea's

I really can't see how the two events can be connected.   The fan is operating off the 12volt system and the Trumaheat off 230volts.   Is the trunking properly connected on the TEB unit?

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

8 hours ago, Guitar said:

The Truma fire heats up very quickly on electric but goes stone cold immediately fans are switched on therefore blowing cold air. 

Have had caravan 10yrs without problem

It's as if switching fans on switches the heating element off. 

Any idea's

:welcome: to the Forum.

How soon after turning the heater on do switch the fan on? Only you should be giving it about 15 minutes before switching the fan on and then on about number 3 on A (automatic)

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4