Sign in to follow this  
OLD NICK

Away For The Winter.

He,s not that nodding dog is he ?. ;);):blush::blush:

weather warning. What a total anti climax that turned out to be.

The big black cloud hovered around for about 2 hrs. Not a raindrop in sight,then slowly

moved north,it appeared to be getting bigger all the time. I would think that it will be with

you wed/Thursday of this week.

Another false alarm,back to the sunbeds. .I would normally expect the pool to be cooling down

in October but its still 28c very freaky weather this year.

Oh well such is our lot we will just have to suffer another week of 30c+. :D:D;)

Intense feelings of jealousy here. I entered my 7th decade just yesterday so retirement is still some years away. ......or is it?

Paul

Paul I came upon this quote yesterday.

More people would live to a ripe old age

If they were,nt so busy providing for it.

seems about right. ;) :);)

Is this weather ever going to end. ? forecast for today is 27c we have 31c on the terrace at 1-00pm.

Went for a flue jab on Monday. Iv,e had the flue for 4 days " works does,nt it !!"

It,s a tough old life,having to drink cups of tea instead of an ice cold beer. Wifes orders.

Thank god for Sky tv. At least I can watch the ***** programs on during the day.

No proper footie on this weekend due to Internationals. Thats sat & sun ***** Its not all fun is it. ?.

Oh well I suppose next week will be better. Forecast is unchanged for at least the next 10 days. 27C+.

Hows the weather at your end. ??? ;);):D

We'll Nick, the weather here is distinctly autumnal, temperatures more like winter. However it is not all doom and gloom, we start our great trek south next week so don't use up all the sunshine and keep the temperatures up. Can't wait.

Roger

Head down to the med. When you reach it turn right,then keep going until you are in about 30C.

Simples is,nt it. ?. :D:D;)

I can,t believe it this damn flue is still hanging around. Thats the last time I have a flue jab.

It,s 30c still & I,m stuck indoors shivering & drinking hot drinks I even had porridge for breakfast

this morning. What the hells the point of a flue jab if it gives you the flue. I felt great before I had it.

Anyway enough of my whingeing. The skys are blue as is the med its 30c & apart from me nobodys complaining.

For all you travellers who are about to set off for a winter in the sun. The forecast is no change

for the next 10 days at least. Don,t forget your suncreams you will need them & with the offers at

boots & superdrug etc its much cheaper to buy it in the UK.

Have a safe journey down everyone. ;):D:D

Thanks Nick,

It's getting closer, counting down.

Hope you feel better soon. Had my Flu jab the other day and no side effects yet, fingers crossed.

Keep eating the porridge, wonderful stuff!

Roger

Quiet for the last few days Nick. Hope you are managing to fight off that flu bug.

Yes John. You can,t keep a good man down. Although I saw the wife going through the insurance policies

at one point. That's the worst illness I have experienced in the last 30 yrs.

At the moment I am as weak as a kitten,but I will get over it. I want that telegram in the future.

It,s still hot during the day. Just looked on the terrace 6-00pm. It,s 32c in the sun & 25c in the shade.

We just put up with it & struggle on though. Someone has to do it. No point complaining.

The good news though is I have lost 6 kilos in 2 weeks.

I will soon be signing myself------- Not So Big Nick. Keep the wheels turning. Old Nick.

Yes John. You can,t keep a good man down. Although I saw the wife going through the insurance policies

at one point. That's the worst illness I have experienced in the last 30 yrs.

At the moment I am as weak as a kitten,but I will get over it. I want that telegram in the future.

It,s still hot during the day. Just looked on the terrace 6-00pm. It,s 32c in the sun & 25c in the shade.

We just put up with it & struggle on though. Someone has to do it. No point complaining.

The good news though is I have lost 6 kilos in 2 weeks.

I will soon be signing myself------- Not So Big Nick. Keep the wheels turning. Old Nick.

Nick where abouts are you please

Hi C2 we are in Mojacar in the province of Almeria.

Get well soon Nick.

Just booked our trip to France for 2014. 24 nights in total. 2 stops on the way to the south of France and 2 on the return, June/July 2014, Can't wait, I have even set up the sat nav already. :lol:

2 more outings for us before Christmas then I will pack it away for 4 or 5 weeks until the start of Feb. :D

Hi C2 we are in Mojacar in the province of Almeria.

Thanks for the reply Nick we are hoping to go to camping Roquetas for next winter we have not been to Spain for 3 years due to family commitments could be for 6 months, never been for that long so we will see.

Regards Les

Get well soon Nick.

Just booked our trip to France for 2014. 24 nights in total. 2 stops on the way to the south of France and 2 on the return, June/July 2014, Can't wait, I have even set up the sat nav already. :lol:

2 more outings for us before Christmas then I will pack it away for 4 or 5 weeks until the start of Feb. :D

Hi young Walton,

sounds like a great holiday where are you going to?.in france ?.Don't forget to take your 6 bottles of beer.

That should last YOU for 24 days. :P:P:lol:

Hi young Walton,

sounds like a great holiday where are you going to?.in france ?.Don't forget to take your 6 bottles of beer.

That should last YOU for 24 days. :P:P:lol:

Hi Nick, sounds like your getting better already. My parents 82/83 are flying out to Benidorm tomorrow, what's the weather like?

As for the beer. I only usually drink Fosters. I have told the wife I am taking 4/5 24 packs with me, only as ballast because we are not taking the kids.

We are staying at Millau for 3 nights on the way down, so that we can have a trip up the Gorges. Then onto Ma Praire near Perpignan for 15 nights. We have another 1 night stop over either way and 1 two night stop near Clermont-Ferrand. Can't wait.

Beautiful weather here in Andalusia. High 20s,but,the flies are out in force!Never known there to be so many. ..or so irritating.

We sit in the awning with fly swats in constant use.

Before you ask,we DO shower every day and fellow campers are equally afflicted!

Thankfully we are not having that problem Paul.

Can I put another view? We visit relations near Almeria twice a year. For us, May to Sept is far too hot. This time we are here from 10th to 24th Oct and the temp is too hot. Can't afford AC and the flies!

In the local bar, the brits are in every night moaning about the UK, Spain, the spanish, immigrants and the other brits. A lot of brits here speak very little or no Spanish and live and eat the British style.

If our van were here, it would be just a hot tin box and its mid Oct.

I want to get back to the UK and some coolness daytime and in bed.

I know we are all different, but Spain is lovely for my wife and I but we live and want to live in the UK. Just as well we don't all have the same preferences!

Just goes to show we are all different.

We come away to avoid those grey,damp,cold days when we walk around with hunched shoulders.

Spring and Summer in the UK still take a lot of beating when the weather is good though.

That is why we return to the uk every year june/july/august. We used to tour for 6 mths every summer

but are now spending 9 mths at home & 3 mths away.

We find it too hot & too crowded in the summer months,but its lovely to come back in september

to the sunshine when everything is still open but the crowds have gone.

Having just looked at the forecast for the uk for next week we are quite happy being here.

You do need aircon though absolute necessity. You see there is a downside to being warm-dry-& tanned all the time.

:D:D:P

Hi Nick, sounds like your getting better already. My parents 82/83 are flying out to Benidorm tomorrow, what's the weather like?

As for the beer. I only usually drink Fosters. I have told the wife I am taking 4/5 24 packs with me, only as ballast because we are not taking the kids.

We are staying at Millau for 3 nights on the way down, so that we can have a trip up the Gorges. Then onto Ma Praire near Perpignan for 15 nights. We have another 1 night stop over either way and 1 two night stop near Clermont-Ferrand. Can't wait.

Forecast for Benidorm for the next week is 22c to 26c & sunny. Tell your parents to have a siesta in the afternoon

as the Discos don't start going until around midnight. Usually finish around 9-00am.

Your trip next year sounds great. The Tarn gorge is fantastic. I bet you return home with at least 3 cases of beer. :P:P:D

Forecast for Benidorm for the next week is 22c to 26c & sunny. Tell your parents to have a siesta in the afternoon

as the Discos don't start going until around midnight. Usually finish around 9-00am.

Your trip next year sounds great. The Tarn gorge is fantastic. I bet you return home with at least 3 cases of beer. :P:P:D

Correction. Six cases of wine. :)

Paul this guy is so tight if he leaves home for a 4wk holiday with four cases of beer he will return home with 3 cases.

He drinks everyone elses.

He,s not a bad lad though. If only I could get his hands out of his pockets. Typical Yorkshireman. !! :D:lol::P

As for wine. He thinks that's what the dog does when its raining & wants to come in. :D:D;)