Sign in to follow this  
OLD NICK

Away For The Winter.

well that's the touring done for this year. We are on the ferry Pompey/Bilbao

sunday night. Arrive Tuesday morning 07. 45 then its due south for us.

We will be spending the winter in southern spain. Then we usually set off again

around early april depending on the weather. I just love retirement.

I will still keep in touch on the forum.( something to do when it gets too hot )

Remember the old saying Life is not a rehearsal this is it. Enjoy It. Old Nick. . :D;):D

We are away in two weeks to France for three weeks (still working). But look forward when we can spend times together roaming Europe. Enjoy your trip and safe journey Old Nick, remember more pics:D

jealousy setting in. Have another great trip Nick.

Off to Portugal and Southern Spain for 3 months next week. Can't wait!

Retirement is excellent!

Yep retirement is fantastic ---- until you get to the bit where the knees give up, the prostate becomes cancerous and the heart starts to malfunction --- all repairable but messes up long spell trips overseas :( so as was said life isn't a rehearsal so get those trips in before you start cluttering up the NHS - thankfully we have managed quite a few and who knows in another year we might be able to get in some more.

Edited by TedNewman

Just be glad you have your health to enjoy your retirement, lots of people including my parents don't.

Have a great warm winter guys.

Good luck Ted. Not too many health issues yet,but,no doubt,they are on their way.

In the meantime we are trying to pack every minute we have with pleasure and adventure.

We will be spending the winter in southern spain.

Hope to be following you - but not for another 10 weeks. Hope it goes well for you.

Sounds absolutely great to me!

I only retired this summer so we'll be heading off in our new caravan sometime early/mid November for, what I sincerely hope, is only the first of as many European winter holidays as our health permits :-)

Have a great winter and who knows, our paths may well cross sometime between December and March - I'll buy you a pints - so long as it's not a pint of Sangria ;)

Rangioran a pint of vodka is always welcome. I,ll provide the ice & the tonics. (sounds good to me ) :D;):D

Wish we were going now, but sadly it will be January before we hit the Costa's as SWMBO insist's were home for Chrimbo :( .

Then its 10 weeks of sunshine :D :D Yippee can't wait

You can go off people you know.

<Gritted teeth> Enjoy, dears!

Nice one Nick, enjoy. if I win the lottery I'll be over with the beers I owe ya :D. Roll on retirement. 16 years and 7 months to go and counting :P .

Ps keep the posts coming. regards Young Walton.

Hell young Walton,getting a beer out of you is like plaiting fog----It aint easy :D:P:D

Been retired 5 years and have enjoyed it with many multi week trips sur le contient. .. not quite yet at the over wintering stage due to commitments to parents (on both sides).

Don't want to wish ill on them but once we can we will!

Enjoy your trip NICK.

G

Yep retirement is fantastic ---- until you get to the bit where the knees give up, the prostate becomes cancerous and the heart starts to malfunction --- all repairable but messes up long spell trips overseas :( so as was said life isn't a rehearsal so get those trips in before you start cluttering up the NHS - thankfully we have managed quite a few and who knows in another year we might be able to get in some more.

Illness is no fun Ted at any time.---------But its a damn sight better than the alternative.

Someone said if it was,nt for being able to chat in the hospital waiting room,I would,nt have a social life.

Get back on the road asap Ted. There,s a long way to go yet. :);)

Illness is no fun Ted at any time.---------But its a damn sight better than the alternative.

Someone said if it was,nt for being able to chat in the hospital waiting room,I would,nt have a social life.

Get back on the road asap Ted. There,s a long way to go yet. :);)

We still get away for short trips BUT it is the long ones (3 months plus) that I miss HOWEVER modern technology is wonderful so we live in hope.

Due to start our trip to Spain on September 1st but, as mentioned by others, ill health can change things. Tomorrow (Friday) my better half has a meeting with a consultant and it is up to him whether we go or not. Never expected this when we booked it all!

Fingers crossed agzy. :);)

Hope to be following you - but not for another 10 weeks. Hope it goes well for you.

Same here. We are also off to Southern Spain in 10 weeks via P/mouth to Bilbao then stopping overnight at Camping Riaza then moving on to our usual stay at Camping Cuevas Mar at Palomares near Garrucha.

Have a great time whilst you are able to.

Due to start our trip to Spain on September 1st but, as mentioned by others, ill health can change things. Tomorrow (Friday) my better half has a meeting with a consultant and it is up to him whether we go or not. Never expected this when we booked it all!

Hope all goes well for you both on Friday. Good luck.

Hope all goes well for you both on Friday. Good luck.

Thank you, I've packed car and van just in case he gives the all clear as it is quicker to unpack than pack and i am ever the optimist.

How did you get on agzy?.Are you travelling or unpacking?. ;):unsure: .

Is,nt it amazing leaving uk in hot sunshine,just looked at the forecast for our destination in spain

Heavy rain showers for most of the week.(no sniggering you lot ) Thank you for the good wishes

& I,m sure that by the end of the week we will be basking in the sunshine. :D:P;)

Bon voyage Nick. Have a super winter and stay in touch.