Sign in to follow this  
Digger_07

Review: Ludlow Touring Park

So how was the site, well it is well planned out and has different areas such as adults only and of course family areas, you have a choice of grass, hard standing pitches, or super pitches. The Toilet and shower block is of a very high standard as I have found on all the Morris sites. It has a laundrette and a wash room for those dirty dishes should you choose to use them. The reception and shop is well stocked with most things you would probably run out of or need and the general feel of the site is one of a calm with relaxing atmosphere.

Click here to view the UK campsite review

We’re just back from a weeks stay here and found it to be very nice. We choose, well the missus actually the adults only area but this meant we were the only caravan in our area.

There were three very large motor homes at different times during the week, I reckon you must need an HGV to drive.

As for the walk into Ludlow, well we did it easily in half an hour so that’s good exercise for you.

Ludlow is a delightful town with loads to see like the Beautiful Church, The Castle and some old style English Houses and there’s also a small market held in the square.

Unfortunately we didn’t have time to visit Ludlow Brewery but I can say Ludlow Gold is pretty darned good to drink.

Quite right on the directions when towing, keep on the A49 and go south of Ludlow then turn in and it’s only about half a mile to the entrance.  The full site was even covered by my sat nav.

Really enjoyed a stay there on the Adults Only section.

Having said that, the Adults Only section is not as good as it sounds because it's not a separate area, just a sign part way down the site that says adult only, which means you still get kids riding through it on bikes and scooters and families walking through it,  and much of the site traffic from the family pitches drive through part of it too.

Edited by hp100425ev

I quite like Morris Leisure sites. recently we have been to both Shrewsbury and Llanberis.

David

Just had the BH weekend there and agree with all the above. Just to add they have an enclosed dog walking field, and a well stocked shop.

the only change I would suggest is more pitch separation, maybe low hedges between pitches, I’ve seen this on other sites and it adds a little privacy.

also, for the super pitches you’ll need at least 35’ of water hose, the taps are set back on posts between pitches, and about 10’ of waste pipe to the drain.

• Thanks 1