Scenic Plus Porch Awning

the jarvs

• 6 months later...

Hi there, we had the smaller awning from SunnCamp and were disappointed with it. It didn't fit our Avondale although the specifications were correct. , and whilst pegging out the side ripped. In all fairness we did get a full refund from where we purchased it from. We only tried to use it once before it went back. Having said that we did speak to another Caravanner at the site we were on, and they had the bigger one and had no problem with it. Regards :(

We have a scenic plus porch and find it very good at weekends in the winter, room to sit 2 with table and chairs, and leave wet things out side,easy to put up,

We have not used it in the summer.

Carol.

I had a Scenic Plus on order but after waiting 6 weeks and still no sign of it arriving, I cancelled it and have now got a Compactalite instead which I'm really pleased with. It's just as easy to put up as the Scenic Plus but it's bigger.

Incindentally I got my Compactalite from e-bay for £60 + £10p&p. It's a factory second but you wouldn't know. The seller (mariahellberg70) keeps putting them up for sale so take a look.

Sharon

I had a Scenic Plus on order but after waiting 6 weeks and still no sign of it arriving, I cancelled it and have now got a Compactalite instead which I'm really pleased with. It's just as easy to put up as the Scenic Plus but it's bigger.

Incindentally I got my Compactalite from e-bay for £60 + £10p&p.   It's a factory second but you wouldn't know.   The seller (mariahellberg70) keeps putting them up for sale so take a look.

Sharon

33669[/snapback]

What heading does that come under on e bay, I tried caravan awnings with no joy

cheers!

Hi there, we had the smaller awning from SunnCamp and were disappointed with it.   It didn't fit our Avondale although the specifications were correct. , and whilst pegging out the side ripped.   In all fairness we did get a full refund from where we purchased it from.   We only tried to use it once before it went back.   Having said that we did speak to another Caravanner at the site we were on, and they had the bigger one and had no problem with it.   Regards :(

33621[/snapback]

SNAP :(:(:(

We love our Scenic Plus - got it fron Awnings Direct and it was delivered less than 24 hours after ordering. Have used it about 6 times and we find it really easy to put up and take down. The only slight problem is that depending on the wind direction you can get a flapping noise but we just put pieces of sponge down the side and it stops.

Guest wilkhaven
The one she had was sold today, but keep an eye on that seller, she may have more. She's had about 6 so far.

Sharon

33716[/snapback]

It 'twas me that bought it, after reading your recommendation - so it better be up to scratch, or I'll send the boys round ;):P;)

I'll let you know how I get on with it, hoping it arrives before next weekend and a trip up to Scunthorpe.

Scott.

We've just bought one from awnings direct too. Was delivered super fast & great price, cheaper than ebay!

Will be using it for the first time at the weekend, but have had a dummy run putting it up. Was surprisingly easy (no arguments!), so fingers crossed for weekend!

Lisa

We've just bought one from awnings direct too.   Was delivered super fast & great price, cheaper than ebay!

Will be using it for the first time at the weekend, but have had a dummy run putting it up.   Was surprisingly easy (no arguments!), so fingers crossed for weekend!

Lisa

34144[/snapback]

How come it was cheaper than ebay? We had one on order from Awnings Direct for £150 but they didn't have any in stock.

Sharon

It 'twas me that bought it, after reading your recommendation - so it better be up to scratch, or I'll send the boys round  ;)  :P  ;)

Scott.

33919[/snapback]

If they're young hunky boys, send em round quickly!!!

Shaz

How come it was cheaper than ebay? We had one on order from Awnings Direct for £150 but they didn't have any in stock.

Sharon

34146[/snapback]

Sorry not from Awnings Direct!

Paid £119 last week from awnings. co. uk inc deliv.

Lisa

How do people find the height of these Scenic Plus awnings?

I read that they fit awning rails between 225 and 240cm high, but my awning rail is 255cm high.

Olderbutnotwiser

I can defiantly say that the scenic porch awning will fit your van as you can see from my little picture in the right-hand corner I have one we only really use it in the winter months for weekends as most other weekends during the summer months we prefer the larger awning for the extra space for the kids.

Getting back to the main question like I said the standard scenic porch will defiantly fit you van so I can only presume that the scenic plus will be the same height so will fit ok they are great in bad weather just enough space in ours for coats shoes a chair etc and I think you would be able to fit a small table in the scenic plus also, good look in whatever you decide.

JON

:D

Check out www. blue-diamond-products. co. uk and go to the products bit. There is a section on Compact Awnings which includes the porchlite plus, compactalite, and movelite. There are suppliers on there. There are all Blue Diamond Products listed such as toilet fluid, cleaners, and lite-weave (breathable ground sheet).

Daniel.

Well, measured my awning rail again today and it seems I was wrong about the height, it's 242cm high, not the 255 I thought. Gives me a much wider choice of porch awnings. .. :D:D