Truma Water Heater - Luke Warm ( On Electric )

Hi, everyone. I hope someone may be able to help me.

I recently had a holiday in Cornwall. When arriving on site I had an issue where my Truma Water Heater was tripping my caravan and site RCD.

So I used the gas heater successfully for the rest of the holiday. A couple of weeks ago I replaced the electric element ( which seemed to have a short to earth ). The heater now works but only heats the water to warm state.

The rating on the housing of the 10L heater states 850w, which is also the rating of the replacement element.

Since there are basically on two main parts to the electric heating side of the truma boiler ( the switch and the element/thermostat ) I can only assume that the new part is faulty - i. e. the thermostat.

Has anyone had this issue? Can you advise?

Thanks

Dave ( 2010 Bailey Pegasus 534 )

I think from memory that the element is in two parts I. e. two ~425w elements, so I guess if these are wired in parallel that you could get just a warming effect if half of the element had gone?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Good point. I may have to contact the supplier of the element but I am not sure how I can prove there is something wrong.

I haven't changed the wiring by the way just connected the three wires as they were before.

Thanks

If you have a meter capable of measuring resistance, if both parts of the element are functional (e. g. 850W) it should read somewhere around 60 ohms. If only one part (e. g. 425W) is functional it will read around 120 ohms across it.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden