Sign in to follow this  
RobJS

Brittany Ferries Bookings Now Open For Winter 2013 Summer 2014

You better believe it!

Got e requote off the CC today for ferry in first week of August and return 2 weeks later. My car towing my 7. 25m Pegasus with 4 bikes on the roof, taking the car height to 3m. Portsmouth to St Malo outbound evening crossing, Caen to Portsmouth inward afternoon crossing and both legs with Cabins. CC price?......£968!

Now there's no way I'm paying that. I have got it alot cheaper by joining BF Club Voyage and getting the same crossings down to £587. Yes if I went Dover to Calais then I'm sure I could get it much cheaper. But with 2 young children in the car i would not relish the long drive to the Vendee. Done the overnight stops this year and that was a hassle. So if someone knows how to get the crossings cheaper for the 2014 summer Hols, then I'm sure alot of us would be grateful to know

Just a thought - if you quoted the car height as 3m and then the usual caravan height, you will have been charged twice for the extra height. Keep your car height as normal and increase the caravan height to 3m and see if it's any cheaper!

Just a thought - if you quoted the car height as 3m and then the usual caravan height, you will have been charged twice for the extra height. Keep your car height as normal and increase the caravan height to 3m and see if it's any cheaper!

I phoned BF about what you mentioned and that's what they would actually recommend to increase the caravan height to allow for the bikes on the roof. Saved another £50 also by having my mate as a associate member. So instead of the £130 joining and membership fee for Club Voyage, it cost for £160 for the joint membership. But split two ways it's just £80 each. Anyway all booked now.

Thanks

I phoned BF about what you mentioned and that's what they would actually recommend to increase the caravan height to allow for the bikes on the roof. Saved another £50 also by having my mate as a associate member. So instead of the £130 joining and membership fee for Club Voyage, it cost for £160 for the joint membership. But split two ways it's just £80 each. Anyway all booked now.

Thanks

Looks like your sorted then. You won't regret the crossing to St Malo, you will be in La Yole at approx. 13;00- 14;00 if you do it in one go. 167 miles. I hope you have another good holiday. I'm sitting down next week and planning our summer 2014. Regards C.

Looks like your sorted then. You won't regret the crossing to St Malo, you will be in La Yole at approx. 13;00- 14;00 if you do it in one go. 167 miles. I hope you have another good holiday. I'm sitting down next week and planning our summer 2014. Regards C.

Well the ferry is. Just gotta wait a few weeks for the CC to release their European site prices

Well the ferry is. Just gotta wait a few weeks for the CC to release their European site prices

Jealous. Got to wait for mgmt to get her holiday time agreed

Just a quick note to say thank you to all those who have used my code over the last year. There are over 30 of you! Its not often you can get something for nothing so I hope you all enjoy your trip. AT an average saving of £150, I figure that I have saved fellow members almost £5000! That cant be a bad thing. With 17 booking a already in for next year, on average that's another saving of 2 and a half thousand.

I have today renewed my membership for another year. This means that anyone with a booking using my code from next month onwards will have their discounts honoured by B/F. This also means that if anyone else would like to take advantage and use my code, they will be able to use it guaranteed up until next November. If you do want it, just send me a PM.

What do I ask from you? Well that's quite simple. ... that you save a bit of your discount to treat yourself to a few bottles of fine French wine when you arrive at your site!

Happy holidaying people!

Rob

Edited by RobJS

Just a quick note to say thank you to all those who have used my code over the last year. There are over 30 of you!

And I'm one of them. I'll be travelling in two weeks time - so my thanks again.

Got to wait 8mths for ours! :blink::blink::blink:

Anyone can use my code as well if you wish. I'd like a free trip next year as well. Please PM for details. I have just renewed my membership until the end of Nov 2014.

Anyone can use my code as well if you wish. I'd like a free trip next year as well. Please PM for details. I have just renewed my membership until the end of Nov 2014.

Will use your for our second trip, as I'm sure the family will love france!

Nice to see others offering too! How do you get a free trip though? I'm obviously missing out on something ! Lol!

And I'm one of them. I'll be travelling in two weeks time - so my thanks again.

You're welcome!

Got to wait 8mths for ours! :blink::blink::blink:

You watch how quick it will come around! Be here before you know it.

Edited by RobJS

You watch how quick it will come around! Be here before you know it.

Think you're right! Got a loft conversion to sort out first. ...

I have just booked St Malo to Portsmouth for later this year for car and caravan 2 persons for £134 single

I've been doing this journey for many years and a stop overnight gets you there comfortably on the evening of the second day. Madrid is a good place for overnight. Either north of Madrid (Junc 57) at http://www. picodelamiel. com/?lng=1 or south at

IF you use the M 50 from or to Aranhuez you miss the Madrid traffic .

My discount code is available too.

Perhaps we should start a new thread of members willing to share their discount code?

I've been having quite a few messages regarding brittany ferry discounts of late. It must be a popular time of year to book ferry crossings or something. Remember that if you want my code, please feel free to send me a message. I think I must have given it to about 50 people already!

Ps. It's not a bump for selfish reasons. I do get a referral gesture from brittany ferries. That however is oversubscribed at the moment so technically, I get nothing out of giving my code away. I don't put it on the board as I would rather know who is using it. Didn't want anyone to think I was bumping the thread to the top to feather my own pockets.

My Brittany discount code is available as well, so pm me if you want to gó!

quote BF terms and conditions

"Guests discounts are designed with the intent to be used for friends and family as an added value benefit of membership. Promoting or advertising this membership benefit via websites, internet forums and elsewhere is strictly prohibited, and considered a breach of your membership. Guest discounts are limited to 15 per membership."

knarf

Edit - post removed by self. 'Twas a case of not thinking before posting! Best left unsaid!

Edited by Glen and Les

I don't give out the code to anyone, actually, I add them as friends. Thank you for pointing this out. I must admit I haven't read the t&c's. If it's the case where this topic needs to be locked or deleted then that's fine. It's a shame though as I've created a lot of new custom for brittany ferries by enabling people to access their service at a competitive prices.

It's not my intention to deliberately flout the rules of BF. as such, I will not be publicising my code from now on. It's a shame as people won't benefit from the saving. This isn't to say that friends who send me a message won't be turned away. The forum is my only way of keeping in contact with some of them therefore I believe that this isn't contravening the rules.

Rob

Rob - don't worry - I'm sure there are lots of us who are guilty of breaching the Terms and Conditions of various things.

For example Camping Cheques T&C's say they shouldn't be 'traded' and yet lots of people (*including me) are only too happy to buy them from others and use them. I suspect this is not a serious 'Term' as it would be so easy for Camping Cheques to make the cheques for a named user by simply printing the name on the cheques.

We happily share the details of the codes issued by DFDS at the Caravan Shows, and everyone benefits. I suspect that BF are only too happy that you're passing on details and gaining them new business - and as they restrict the offer to 15 uses I don't suppose it does their business any harm whatsoever.

However, if sharing codes then prevented anyone ever booking at normal prices they would be less happy.

Very interested in this - pm ing you right now. ....