Sign in to follow this  
JCloughie

Cl View

Visited this friendly CL last week. I wondered how many members would be happy to have to set up on such a slope. It certainly took a bit of doing.

For me the view and the peace and quiet make it worthwhile.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/gallery/album/1366-caldecott/

John

Nice work. Do you usually carry that many blocks with you anyway? I assume you had to put blocks under the jockey wheel, raise it, same with steadies, then jockey wheel. ..?

Nice work. Do you usually carry that many blocks with you anyway? I assume you had to put blocks under the jockey wheel, raise it, same with steadies, then jockey wheel. ..?

The large blocks are supplied by the site. Yes we had to lift it as you said.

John

Edited by JCloughie

I bet the rear end was almost touching the ground?

Nice site/view, but the van next to you looked too close for my liking, or were they friends?

Yes they are friends, not that close when compared to CC sites.

John

I would have pitched at 90 degrees to you, but maybe I would have needed a stepladder to enter the van by the nearside door? That's one advantage of having a door on either side.

No awnings there then?

No awnings there then?

Not at that end of the site, pitches 1,2 and 3 could.

John

We've stayed a few sites which required quite a bit of levelling left to right. I used a combination of wooden planks and some chunky ramps I brought. Our motor mover struggles to get the van up the ramp and tends to slip against the wheel. Still prefer if possible to use the mover to save wear on the car.

The last site we stayed on required me to drive the van up on one ramp, block under the second ramp and drive up that, took a bit of doing using the mover, and keep thinking about getting a kojack to resolve any jacking issues and to help levelling, is jack up van attached to car and place blocks under the wheel and lower the jack.

I still worry about stability when the van looks jacked up to get it levelled. In regard to wind.

Still, nice job John, great view.

Visited this friendly CL last week. I wondered how many members would be happy to have to set up on such a slope. It certainly took a bit of doing.

For me the view and the peace and quiet make it worthwhile.

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/gallery/album/1366-caldecott/

John

Lovely views! Did you know that you can insert gallery images in posts by clicking "My Media" and then selecting the gallery or individual photos, for example:

Warwick trip - gallery

Warwick trip - images

The old bridge

The view down the river from the Mill Garden

Warwick Castle tower from the Mill Garden

Lovely views! Did you know that you can insert gallery images in posts by clicking "My Media" and then selecting the gallery or individual photos, for example:

Warwick trip - gallery

Warwick trip - images

Thanks Ben.

Just tried that great idea from the IPad using both full and mobile version but can not find "my media". Will look on PC tomorrow. Unless you can tell me where I am going wrong.

John

Thanks Ben.

Just tried that great idea from the IPad using both full and mobile version but can not find "my media". Will look on PC tomorrow. Unless you can tell me where I am going wrong.

John

Click on 'More Reply Options' at the bottom right of the text box, this will reveal My Media.

Click on 'More Reply Options' at the bottom right of the text box, this will reveal My Media.

Thanks, that must be it, but does not come up with 'my media'. Just add a file.

So here is one of a castle

post-46773-0-48615600-1375741640_thumb.jpg

(Thought it might link to the CT gallery).

Worked well though, will do that in the future. Live and learn.

John

Edited by JCloughie