Length Of Waste Pipe Needed On Serviced Pitch?

16 minutes ago, The road toad said:

For those of you wondering where I store the 2.5m pipe while travelling - snapped into 3 pipe clips under the van. 

Hi TRT, I very much like your solution, and plan to unscrupulously copy it.

I have just bought the connection kit and support straps. I already have the grey flexible hose. What I'm struggling to find is the 25mm conduit that is flared at one end (this solution doesn't seem to work without that flared end.

Where did you get yours from?

Thanks

2016 Audi Q7 3. 0 - Towing a 2012 Sterling Elite Emerald

Persistent Love2Stay user

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi LeadFarmenr   I wrote this a couple of months ago. ... maybe it will give you some ideas or help. ..   http://caravanchronicles. com/2013/05/26/connecting-your-drainage-on-serviced-pitches/  

I use a similar system to CommanderDave's but I take my hat off to Flying Tog's system and excellent write-up. Well done Flying Tog. Vin Blanc

FT's solution is very neat - another job on my "to do" list. Still to make use of his citric acid cleaning solution.   I'm still using the grey ribbed pipe, a 3 metre piece and a 5 metre piece, wi

Posted Images

I got it at a large B&Q style DIY store in Luxembourg and I must admit that I have also struggled to find the same in the UK.

There appears to be only 'plain' tube available that can only be connected with a sleeve. Whether the sleeve would fit the Pennine connection kit I don't know. May be worth a visit to Wickes/B&Q or Screwfix and take the Pennine with you and check out the fit.

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium SE 2015 with Lunar Clubman si 2011

Tattoos - who would want to make their body look like the wall in a public urinal - they are going to look amazing on a 75 year old - not!

A couple of extra tips for serviced pitches  .

For the water feed pipe in winter  , I have about 10/15 lengths of pipe insulation           ( B&Q) 18mm I think , the insulation is split so easy to slide over the feed pipe , I was caught once with  a frozen feed pipe to the barrel , never again

And a general one , if you use an external submerged filter in you barrel , a short length of solid plastic pipe  over the flexible pipe in between the filter and the barrel cap will stop the filter floating up if it gets air in it.

An update of the link for the Adjustable Waste Pipe Support straps for anyone still interested ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392976776913?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

IMG_2207.jpeg

Tattoos - who would want to make their body look like the wall in a public urinal - they are going to look amazing on a 75 year old - not!

On 08/10/2020 at 16:07, The road toad said:

I got it at a large B&Q style DIY store in Luxembourg and I must admit that I have also struggled to find the same in the UK.

There appears to be only 'plain' tube available that can only be connected with a sleeve. Whether the sleeve would fit the Pennine connection kit I don't know. May be worth a visit to Wickes/B&Q or Screwfix and take the Pennine with you and check out the fit.

Thanks for the reply, I can't find the flared push fit anywhere.

Anyway, I have the connection kit now and will cut to fit on Friday, then I'll have to see what does and doesn't fit. I have some flexi waste and two different diameters of solid waste at the van, so hopefully something will fit together.

I bought the support straps, I have to say they look very good quality from what I can see. Just got to hope I have a lower awning rail on the other side of the van, can't say I have ever looked!!!

Hort207

I am sure that with a bit of fiddling you will get it all to fit together!

I am thinking of getting my daughter, who lives in Luxembourg, to ship over  a container full of the tubing - can't see why it is not available here!

It would appear that more and more caravanners are choosing fully serviced pitches as it means you can almost self isolate and not have to take any unnecessary risks by using toilet/shower blocks - I'm sure they will be the norm in future.

I know this thread has been running for a long time & over this period advances in products has got better. I use the this newish Flexi waste pipes-Colapz. I have the large kit also the connector kit. All folds up into a tote bag, not oversized.

Only down side is it is not cheap. www.colapz.co.uk.

A workmate who had a caravan, had a length of soil pipe with end caps, to the underside of his caravan to accommodate his lengths of kitchen waste as in Chronicles. I also used the Chronicles system until I came across Colapz

Swift Elegance 480, towed by a Mitsubishi Outlander GX4 Automatic.

12 hours ago, The road toad said:

It would appear that more and more caravanners are choosing fully serviced pitches as it means you can almost self isolate and not have to take any unnecessary risks by using toilet/shower blocks - I'm sure they will be the norm in future.

Most definitely.

We pretty much only go to one place, every other weekend, and that is fully serviced. You can even empty the toilet cassette on pitch. It's brilliant.

As we mainly use fully serviced pitches where the drain can be in a variety of positions, I bought a number of lengths of the  Colapz pipes (££) which store neatly in a bag rather than various curled up length and joiners of the normal grey corrugated type.

Usually just 2 or 3 lengths required but did need 6 on one pitch earlier this year.

20200723_090030.thumb.png.c4fbeeaaa539420ba7a5ddfd33ee1e31.png

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

• 1 month later...

An update of the link for the Adjustable Waste Pipe Support straps for anyone still interested:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-Waste-Pipe-Adjustable-Support-Straps-for-rigid-flexi-pipes-SET-of-3/393025953114?hash=item5b822c1d5a:g:aj0AAOSwPjxflTnA...

straps.jpeg

• Like 1

On 14/10/2020 at 09:18, Griff said:

As we mainly use fully serviced pitches where the drain can be in a variety of positions, I bought a number of lengths of the  Colapz pipes (££) which store neatly in a bag rather than various curled up length and joiners of the normal grey corrugated type.

Usually just 2 or 3 lengths required but did need 6 on one pitch earlier this year.

20200723_090030.thumb.png.c4fbeeaaa539420ba7a5ddfd33ee1e31.png

I'm another fan of the Colapz system.  I bought two kits (8m) and have found that it caters for every eventuality I have come across so far.  I also bought the pegs (which are very substantial), allowing for a gradual slope to be set up.  Yes, it is an expensive solution, but having tried both the flexible pipe (a pain to store) and the rigid waste pipe - also cumbersome to store - the lengths of Colapz pipe, contained in their own draw string bag are far more convenient to the extent that they now live in the caravan, permanently - just in case!

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695