Length Of Waste Pipe Needed On Serviced Pitch?

I need to buy a length of waste pipe to use on the serviced pitch on our next trip away.

I know all pitches are different, but is there a typical length that suits most sites? What length do you carry in your van?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi LeadFarmenr   I wrote this a couple of months ago. ... maybe it will give you some ideas or help. ..   http://caravanchronicles. com/2013/05/26/connecting-your-drainage-on-serviced-pitches/  

I use a similar system to CommanderDave's but I take my hat off to Flying Tog's system and excellent write-up. Well done Flying Tog. Vin Blanc

FT's solution is very neat - another job on my "to do" list. Still to make use of his citric acid cleaning solution.   I'm still using the grey ribbed pipe, a 3 metre piece and a 5 metre piece, wi

Posted Images

Difficult answer really. I have been on fully serviced pitches where you only require

about 3ft. Also been on a site where you would need 25ft, because the services were

located at the front of the site. Ideally, I suppose, 2 x 10ft lengths with connections would

be favourite for any site you may encounter. Do you know the layout of the site?

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Hi LeadFarmenr

I wrote this a couple of months ago. ... maybe it will give you some ideas or help. ..

http://caravanchronicles. com/2013/05/26/connecting-your-drainage-on-serviced-pitches/

Cheers

S

2006 Landrover Freelander HSE TD4 (remapped) + 2011 Sterling Celebration 550
No trees were harmed by this message, but several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

my blog. ..Caravan Chronicles Twitter: @CaravanChron

I have a 6 m piece cut into 1m. 2m and 3m lengths and a few straight couplers then I just join them to suit the length I require.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Different lengths with connectors does seem a good idea thanks. The site I'm visiting (Polmanter in St Ives) have suggested a have 8 metres!!!

Flying Tog, that's an excellent write up of a great idea and helps a lot, thanks. By the way, and im just thinking aloud here, but could you connect your standard Y connector straight into your solid waste pipe without the need for the manifold?

Edited by Guest

I use a similar system to CommanderDave's but I take my hat off to Flying Tog's system and excellent write-up.

Well done Flying Tog.

Vin Blanc

It is sometimes better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to speak out and have it proven!

Frontera 3. 2L V6 4x4 tugging Compass Magnum Classic 540 (quite easily!)

Tripod mounted 57cm "Arcon Multi" prime focus dish - Humax Foxsat HD Recorder.

I've got a 5 metre and 2 metre length and they've just about done everything I need. Use a 32mm push fit to join them together if required

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Different lengths with connectors does seem a good idea thanks. The site I'm visiting (Polmanter in St Ives) have suggested a have 8 metres!!!

Flying Tog, that's an excellent write up of a great idea and helps a lot, thanks. By the way, and im just thinking aloud here, but could you connect your standard Y connector straight into your solid waste pipe without the need for the manifold?

I did consider this, but if you look down the standard "y" piece you will see that where two join into one, it actually reduces to half size. Not wanting to cause a back-uo in flow that "could" result in anythhing backin up into the shower tray I opted to not use it.

So far its been reliable and we (well me) have drained oil out of tuna tins down the sink, pasta water. .. all the normal washing up water, the dregs out of the coffee filter machine and not had a problem with blockages, smells or cleaning.

S

I use a similar system to CommanderDave's but I take my hat off to Flying Tog's system and excellent write-up.

Well done Flying Tog.

Vin Blanc

So kind, thank you.

S

2006 Landrover Freelander HSE TD4 (remapped) + 2011 Sterling Celebration 550
No trees were harmed by this message, but several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

my blog. ..Caravan Chronicles Twitter: @CaravanChron

Hi LeadFarmenr

I wrote this a couple of months ago. ... maybe it will give you some ideas or help. ..

http://caravanchronicles. com/2013/05/26/connecting-your-drainage-on-serviced-pitches/

Cheers

S

:goodpost:

A great write-up from Flyingtog with lots of very usable good ideas, thanks for posting.

Twin Axle Fleetwood Heritage 640 EST - pulled by a dual fuel, (Petrol/LPG) BMW 528i Auto

That is brilliant. Thank you FlyingTog. I've been meaning to sort our saggy flexible hose out for a while - now I know how to go about it. Thank you again.

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Once again, thanks to Flying Tog. He posted this to me a month ago when I asked the same question. A couple of lengths of pipe and a bag of push together fittings, and we're ready for anything. Serviced pitch next week, so I'll let you know! :D

Mike.

Edited by Townie

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

FT's solution is very neat - another job on my "to do" list. Still to make use of his citric acid cleaning solution.

I'm still using the grey ribbed pipe, a 3 metre piece and a 5 metre piece, with a connector, although with the full length in use, unless the slope of the pitch is friendly, the shower is slow to drain. I carry a couple of empty plastic 2 litre water bottles in the gas locker and when filled with water they are useful to anchor the pipe on long runs and at the drain. Have to say the ribbed pipe is something like wrestling with a python especially when coiling it up to put away :)

Land Rover - getting restless.

Once again, thanks to Flying Tog. He posted this to me a month ago when I asked the same question. A couple of lengths of pipe and a bag of push together fittings, and we're ready for anything. Serviced pitch next week, so I'll let you know! :D

Mike.

. ..and don't forget to pack your junior hacksaw. I have probably got a full length cut into all the combinations I'll ever need now but it took some time/sites to do it!

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

It's easier on a non-serviced pitch. You just need a pipe long enough to get to the next pitch along. .. :ph34r:

. ..and don't forget to pack your junior hacksaw. I have probably got a full length cut into all the combinations I'll ever need now but it took some time/sites to do it!

Agreed! This will be our 4th serviced pitch this year, (so far), and we've managed all so far.

Mike

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

• 11 months later...

FT. A brilliant write up.

A question about the lengths of pipe though. Have you cut the 3m lengths of pipe down or left them at the 3m? Reason for asking is how do you store them?

Scaramanga thanks for resurrecting found that a very useful link FlyingTog! Will be ordering some bits before we go away - much cheaper than huge rolls of grey flexi hose

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

A question about the lengths of pipe though. Have you cut the 3m lengths of pipe down or left them at the 3m? Reason for asking is how do you store them?

It states several times in that article that he cut the 3m pipes into 1x1m and 1x2m lengths and stores them in the gas locker.

Tony

Slightly off subject .

The US Caravans have box section rear bumpers and end caps and the waste hose is stored inside the bumper tube . I think that is a clever idea instead of putting the waste pipe near any hose pipe in lockers . Our manufacturers should have a storage locker for waste hoses . I wash mine out best I can and keep clean supply hose one side of the front locker and waste the other side .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

It states several times in that article that he cut the 3m pipes into 1x1m and 1x2m lengths and stores them in the gas locker.

Tony

Thanks Tony

I actually did see those references but looking at the photos it looked as if they were complete lengths.

The 32 and the 40 slide into each other allowing the variable length and storage of 2 m length in front locker presumably

Weekend project sorted for me !

LOL exactly what I was looking at a few days ago trying to find best price!

I store mine in the front locker using appropriately sized pipe clips. Under the caravan with clips screwed to the floor is another method.

One thing to watch is sag as many waste water disposal points have a raised surface pipework lying on the ground will retain liquid.