Thetford 250 Cwe Cover Plate Removal

ianfish

does anyone know how to remove the cover plate on the cassette for this? In the manual it says rotate anti-clockwise! mine won't budge and I don't want to break it. The cassette leaks when being carried so I presume the seal needs replacing?

Give it a good clean, and a spray with silicone lube before you start changing anything.

Needed to get into my loo recently the manual advise you use the blade, I needed to use a longer length of flat wood to get the leverage. , but it did work. Good luck.

does anyone know how to remove the cover plate on the cassette for this? In the manual it says rotate anti-clockwise! mine won't budge and I don't want to break it. The cassette leaks when being carried so I presume the seal needs replacing?

I think you will find that is for the neck of the cassette. I have just had a look at mine, which is in

the garage at the mo. There are two screws which need removing. STOP!!! :blush: I have just googled

Thetford and found the answer! :) Had another look at mine. If you remove the slider plate, there

are two straight sides to it. Somehow, you have to remove the plastic covers from these sides(If

you lift it slightly, you can see the screws underneath. There are three either side). There's your

answer. .....your only problem now is how to remove the plastic covers! :) :blink: Let me know how

you get on.

thanks everyone but this model doesn't have the screws! the instructions just say rotate the circular plate anti clockwise to open.

yes I want to get into that bit!

So which bit is leaking? the over pressure valve(white circle in pic) or the the big seal and flap mech?(black circle and rubber seal)

it leaks from under the slidermech, so the black seal I presume

does anyone know how to remove the cover plate on the cassette for this? In the manual it says rotate anti-clockwise! mine won't budge and I don't want to break it. The cassette leaks when being carried so I presume the seal needs replacing

Remove the sliding cover, put in a length of wood that just fits between the straight side where the cover came from and turn anticlockwise as it says. It is a big rubber seal round the cover plate so it takes a fair bit of force to turn it, less so when it has all been cleaned and coated with silicone.

Remove the sliding cover, put in a length of wood that just fits between the straight side where the cover came from and turn anticlockwise as it says. It is a big rubber seal round the cover plate so it takes a fair bit of force to turn it, less so when it has all been cleaned and coated with silicone.

many thanks Don, I'll give it a try.

Did the job, seal ordered, thanks Don