Wightlink Portsmouth

As anyone used Wightlink for a trip to IoW, if so how easy is it at the port. We are sailing to Fishbourne

Edited by Cooke2133

Always used Red funnel from Southampton to East Cowes myself, very easy to get to & plenty of marshalling ground at both ports. Plus the hour long cruise down the solent becomes part of the holiday. Have also found big difference in the prices with Wightlink more expensive.

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

Martin,

If you have access to Google Earth Streetview, you can follow the route through Portsmouth. It will help you pinpoint signs and landmarks, especially for getting in the right lanes for roundabouts and junctions. The route out of Fishbourne on the Island us very easy and well signposted.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

We use Portsmouth to Fishbourne each time, easy to get to, as you say good deal with the campsite.

Martin,

If you have access to Google Earth Streetview, you can follow the route through Portsmouth. It will help you pinpoint signs and landmarks, especially for getting in the right lanes for roundabouts and junctions. The route out of Fishbourne on the Island us very easy and well signposted.

David

They can't go wrong in Portsmouth as the signage to the IOW ferry is excellent. Edited by Conq

They can't go wrong in Portsmouth as the signage to the IOW ferry is excellent.

You want to try using my "Sat (in the other seat) Nav, confusion reigns!!!

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

We have done both crossing and there isn't anything to worry about we are going back on Friday

2004 land rover discovery 2 td5 with a 2008 twin wheel compass rallye 636

I live on the Isle of Wight and have to use Wightlink or Red Funnel whenever I wish to travel more than 15 miles from my home. Both are extremely expensive, I prefer Wightlink as their crossings are far more frequent, if you arrive at a Wightlink terminal early you can usually get an earlier crossing although this is not true at peak periods!

Isle of Wight ferrys, from Portsmouth in particular, are known to be the most expensive ferry journeys in the world.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.