Sign in to follow this  
mike5100

Thetford Fridge User Manual

I think I have a Thetford 3000 fridge fitted to my Adria Adora, but if so the user manual is appalling. It has loose errata pages and doesn't seem to relate to the control panel that they (Thetford) have fitted anyway. The manual talks about green leds but mine has a monochrome display. And I have been getting some error messages (at least I presume they are error messages as the display begins to flash and a spanner appears with a number next to it, but there is nothing in the manual that says what the number means.

Also - I had assumed that I could choose Mains electric, Gas or the caravan's 12v electric, but I kept getting an error when I tried to switch to the 12v. A fellow caravanner said they aren't set up to run from the leisure battery - only the car battery when travelling. Is this the case, as it would seem to be an unnecessary restriction given that I might run out of gas but have a decent solar panel? (Needless to say nothing in the user manual about this)

Thanks

Mike

PS - Fridge is brilliant by the way - wonderfully cold beers last night

We have the Thetfod N3112 fridge and our display is basically monochrome, but there is a very small green LED underneath the power button which lights up when you touch the switch - maybe this is what they're referring to. Sorry I can't help with the error codes but they're probably because the power to the fridge has been cancelled if you're trying to switch to the van's 12V, which you've now discovered you can't do!

On our fridge we have an "automatic" power selection that we always leave on. It will select electricity first, then gas, then, when connected to the car, will switch automatically to the car's 12v. The panel does flash in between connections and display the tools symbol until a power connection is established.

Hope this helps.

Hi

Here is a link to the User Manual on line, I've had a quick look at page 4 (the start of the English section) and it appears your fellow caravanner is correct about the power sources as it lists only 230v, 12v vehicle and gas. Not great for those who like to rally.

The manual mentions different types of display too so hopefully it has the right info for your appliance

http://www. thetford-europe. com/en/service/manuals/refrigerators. aspx

Unfortunately there aren't any caravan fridges, Thetford, Dometic, whatever, that will run off the caravan battery - the current required will flatten the battery in no time. Running the fridge on gas doesn't actually consume much of it.

ah - OK Onewheel thanks. And thanks Maginnis as I think that online version is more up t date than the printed one supplied.

When I left the caravan last night I put the Master switch off by the door, and the gas off in the front compartment, but the mains is still plugged in. Am I right in thinking that the fridge will remain powered from the mains? (if not I'm going to have to drive back down and correct things otherwise I'm going to have warm beer next weekend )

Mike

Can anyone tell me if a n3112e has an interior light in it?

5 minutes ago, Thenoo said:

Can anyone tell me if a n3112e has an interior light in it?

Looking on Google this seems to be not uncommon for lights to be absent. ...but there should be one.

geoff