Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyMark

Inspiration Sought

From the rolling hills of Scotland to the sunny Devon coast, there is plenty to see and do whilst taking in the stunning scenery that the UK has to offer. But I’ve always dreamt of travelling farther afield. It’s surprising the places that are within easy reach; France, Spain, Italy, Belgium Switzerland, Germany etc etc etc. So many places to see, things to do and cultures to absorb.

I’d like my family to grow up understanding the world does not end at the UK shore line and give them the opportunity to discover the beauty in the simple things of life that make it worth living.

This is where the rest of you CT'ers come in.

I’m looking for books,e-books, articles etc related to caravanning/travelling. Whether it be informative giving examples of routes and sites to stay at or a real life story of adventure that offers inspiration and dares you to explore.

So, which books/e-books/articles/web site would you recommend and why?

Pop into Barter books at Alnwick and they have a huge selection of travel books. ...a great place to visit and browse.

We bought loads of Michelin Green Guide books for most european countries. Packed with really useful info, things to see.

We also have several DK series "Backroads of XXXX" where XXX is the country of course. These have driing 'tours' that route you past the key places of interest. Not sure they are all tow friendly but you can site yourself centrally and do them solo.

But you also cant been reading Dianne's website http://www. joysofeuropeancaravanning. co. uk/ and some of the other members travel websites.

Edited by ericfield

Try clicking on the "Holidays" tab at the top of Caravan Talk. It takes you to a number of holiday journals which make interesting reading, and also to a page of links to Caravan Talk members' blogs.

There is so much to see and do in Europe, not just from a holiday perspective but also as a way of widening your kids' education.

Once you decide on your first trip, do as Eric suggests and get the relevant Michelin Green Guide. They are invaluable. Then come back onto the Caravan Holidays Abroad forum with a million questions about it. Wherever you choose to go there is bound to be a CT member with experience!

Some good ideas, thank you both.

It may sound strange, but I didn't realise there was a Holidays tab. 95% of my time on CT I use my mobile and the mobile version does not show these tabs.

I'll get on my laptop and have a look.

You don’t need any books or e-books, the best information can be found on this site. Check out the web sites of: - Klyne (David – KontikiKid (Russell) – Snooks – and others, hours and hours of reading full of all the information you could ever want.

Alan

Sign in to follow this