Sign in to follow this  
blinky

Towing Indicator Buzzer On Tucson

I just bought a Hyundai Tucson and fitted the towbar and electrics tonight. I got the custom electric kit for ease of fitting and this came with a separate buzzer/flasher unit. It is completely separate and seems to just plug into or rather replace the existing flasher unit. The problem is that I cant find the flasher unit! Anybody know where it is in an 07 Tucson? Also, since this is a separate unit, that is plugged into the front of the car and not the new caravan wiring loom, does this mean that every time I use the indicators I will now have the buzzer sounding?

I don't know the specifics, but. ...

You ought to be able to find the existing flasher relay, by turning the ignition and the indicators on and following the ticking noise. Usualy they are in the steering column cowl.

Usually, that type of buzzer, only buzzes to confirm your indicators on the trailer are working - no buzz with trailer attached, there is a fault.

So does the buzzer completely replace the existing flasher unit or plug in somewhere different?

So does the buzzer completely replace the existing flasher unit or plug in somewhere different?

To be honest, I don't know. ....

A few years ago, when installing such systems, a repeater relay with a buzzer would be fitted in the boot. Are there no instructions with it?

Nope, no instructions although I called the supplier this morning and it apparently replaces the existing flasher unit.

Nope, no instructions although I called the supplier this morning and it apparently replaces the existing flasher unit.

So it is basically an heavier duty flasher relay, with some sort of current sensor, to detect the extra current drawn by the trailer. I've certainly never come across one before.

I did have a car many years ago (Austin Maestro or Montego I think) that I replaced the flasher relay when I wired the car up for towing and this lit a seperate light on the dash that only lit with a trailer connected. The car was obviously wired for towing straight from the factory.

So it is basically an heavier duty flasher relay, with some sort of current sensor, to detect the extra current drawn by the trailer. I've certainly never come across one before.

I have a box full of them. Additional terminal C2 to supply current to a second dashboard indicator warning light or buzzer when a trailer was connected.

http://tinyurl. com/o92psjl

Surprised the OP's Tuscon hasn't got the flasher built into the ECM.

** anyone want a HD flasher unit for cost of post PM me

Edited: corrected link

Edited by beejay

Hi I have a 2007 Hyundai tuscon my flasher relay has two prong plug on top with wire plunging into it,has that something to do with tow bar

I have a 2019 Mild Hybrid diesel Tucson fitted with the official Hyundai towing electrics, and my buzzer only works if the trailer indicator lights fail!

7 hours ago, Millstone said:

I have a 2019 Mild Hybrid diesel Tucson fitted with the official Hyundai towing electrics, and my buzzer only works if the trailer indicator lights fail!

That is correct on many cars!