Sign in to follow this  
jaydeeboro

Eterniti Owners

Dave,

Yes, I've found the chassis plate and it states 2000kg. Confirmed by BPW themselves.

So what was the MIRO of the van when purchased HG, without any extras?

The MRO was 1859kg.

But what they failed to tell customers is that the chassis has a limit of 2000kg. Providing a plate upgrade should not have been possible for chassis's they used for the early vans.

The MRO was 1859kg.

Well a 141kg Payload is sort of average for a 4 berth van, but if the factory, or a dealer knew they were fitting as many options as yours has then they should've warned you that you needed a chassis upgrade.

You've missed the point. The stated MRO must have been incorrect as the Caravan without the additional items must be above 2000kg, which is above the MPLTM and above the chassis limit.

You will need to actually weigh the caravan with nothing in it to check the Actual weight with all the extras that are fitted . Then you can go from there as the weights seem very much just a guesstimate .

Legally you can not exceed to 2000 kg limit for the chassis and the 1050 kg for each of the axles . .

Dave

It can't have been subject to Type approval then. The mass and dimension regulation requires the minimum Paymass to be equal or greater than 10 (no of berths + body length in m)

I dont know how long an IB4 body is but if it is 6 m with 4 berths then the Paymass would need to be at least 100kg

Dave,

I have weighed it on a weighbridge. No water in the tanks, just bedding on the beds a few pans and cutlery on board. It was basically empty as we'd emptied it recently ready for a visit back to the factory. The weight was 2220kg !

2220 kgs WOW . thats a lot over for a MIRO against a 2000 kg chassis . you would be at about 2400kg by just adding a few personal items .

If you get stopped by police/VOSA you are allowed usually up to 10 % but will be asked to remove the offending weight before proceeding . You could reduce the weight by removing the gas bottles and battery but its clear that the problem is these caravans should of had a bigger chassis from the start to be road legal . Which is highlighted by much the same design caravan from other manufacturers with a MTPLM of about 2500 kg .

Do you know what was changed on the upgrade after it was raised with Eterniti and the free upgrade went to £500 as all I know it was a strengthened chassis and upgraded tyres ?

Dave

Who fitted the:

electric awning, satellite dish, air con and the BPW movers

Dave

Eterniti fitted all the listed items.

Eterniti fitted all the listed items.

Unbelievable that they built a van like this, overloaded from the start.

All the very best in resolving something.

Dave

Not looking to set hares off and running but what is the legal position for directors of a limited company when they knowingly breach statutory legislation?

It was also discussed here in this thread about weights and it was posted they fitted 90 tyres but not sure what chassis they used .

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/87624-no-slide-out-please/page-4

You would need to check with someone who has the upgrade to find out what actually was changed with this upgrade Chassis Axles and tyres ?

I dont think your on your own with this problem .

Dave

Houghton

Where is the chassis plate located. Mine is down as a 2000kg limit giving me 140kg pay load and mine has AC and SAT dish fitted from factor and i have had an AWD powertouch fitted this is 60kg.

I already knew it was tight with the payload and intend to load the disco up.

Graham

Graham

It's on the A frame, just remove the cover and all will be revealed.

There was always an issue with the 2013 IB4 (not sure if it applied to all models) as they were running close to max weight for the chassis. This was changed with the 2014 models which had the uprated chassis.

Instead of removing all fixed items such as sat nav, awning etc (not recommended) if you have a copy of the sales pamphlet it gives all the weights for these additional items. If you get stuck PM me and let me know what weights you need as i have both 2013 and 14 books.

Thanks Houghton.

Graham

So what was the weight limit for the new chassis they used in the new caravans?

Dave

Eterniti Genesis IB4 2014 Model

MTPLM: 2200kg
MIRO: 1959kg
Number of berths: 4
Shipping Length: 8. 32m/27' 3"
Price as entered: £36,394
Delivery charge: Inclusive

Edited by Easy T

HG are you on FB under another name?

My van had the upgrade which was only available if done at the build stage, uprated tyres and wheels, note wheels, and a mod to the chassis gave 2200.

When we were in the factory after a French holiday the van was weighed at 2370 or thereabouts sat dish, AC, power touch 4wd, and everything for 6 weeks away.

I weighed everything at home and reckoned the basic van was 150kg over weight.

Mine is now plated at 2400.

Ian

So the new chassis is the 2400 kg chassis by what Ian says ? But the 2200 kg MTPLM looks lke it would not be enough going by figures quoted and even exceeded possibly before any payload added . It looks like even the new owners need to check their weights as it look like you need the extra allowance in the chassis to make sure they stay legal .

Dave

Ian

if the upgrade was to 2200kg how can you up rate it again have you had other work done on the chassis?

I am concerned now that they sold the vans knowing the weight was not correct. I weighed the internal add ons for a trip and came to conclusion that i will load the car up as much as poss.

Graham