Sign in to follow this  
jaydeeboro

Eterniti Owners

We are trying to get hold of Eterniti to see if they are able to release any supplier / manufacturers details.

Has anyone else had bubbles appear on the outside?

Have the panels delaminated?

I have sent you a PM with my contact details. Rob

It's where the glue hasn't stuck properly between the outer and inside. They said it happened on some as the compound in the glue was wrong.

Thought i would resurect this thread as the title seems appropriate.

As owners I think it is important to look to the future and start to put togther a list of contacts and suppliers from both the UK and the US to ensure that we are able to source non standard caravan parts such as those used on the slide out and TPO for the roof etc.

I have already downloaded the following http://www. calderleisure. co. uk/ and http://www. lci1. com/through-frame-slideout which may be useful and thanks for the posts on the forum for these.

Do you think this information would be useful to hold as a group of owners? Interested in your thoughts. Rob

Firstly I'm really sorry to hear the news on Eterniti. I feel for owners, potential owners who have paid deposits and staff at Eterniti. (Not the owners, business men know the risks)

The main reason for my post is to congratulate owners who are already taking positive moves (collectively) to form a group who can gain information, contacts etc. to secure the future use of their caravans. Great to see folks taking the "Bull By The Horns" and being very positive.

Well done !!

G40

Edited by Gaz40

Facebook group is up, "Eterniti owners"

Matt&Becky

The bubbles are due to an incorrect mix of the glue, apparently the first 80 vans were effected.

My side panel was replaced and is now fine except they scratched the windows, they were sending Steve to fix them but that will not happen now.

It could be worth getting in touch with your local mobile engineer to help sort your other problems, I know it will cost you but my local guy managed to do warranty work on the components of previous vans.

It might be a business opportunity for Steve and Neil, not Boulton, to do mobile repairs but with no spares back up it could be difficult.

Ian

I agree Ian.

Steve was excellent and he may be willing to continue to work on Eterniti vans either full or part time. Didnt meet Neil.

Not sure if anyone has their contact details.

I have put Stevens email on the Facebook group!

He is interested in helping people, after his employment with the administrators has finished.

Hi All

I think it is important to have a single point for all owners to post to and have as a place for information at the moment. I am aware of the facbook 'Eterniti Owners' group, and have finally had to conceed after years of not wishing to join facebook to now do so.

This CT forum has served us well to date and offers the PM facility for individual posts. As i said i have just joined facebook and gone onto the owners group (which i think i have applied to join???) but do not know the extent of the facilities available.

I realise there is the possibility that this thread may be removed by the system administrators, but they have given an assurance that aside from disruptive / abusive posts or any other contravening their guidelines, that the Eterrniti site will remain.

We need to continue with the impitus and carry on moving forward in the search for suppliers, contractors etc for the future and have a database kept which will be open to all. It has also been suggested that we set up an official Eterniti Owners forum. Not sure what that will entail but all of these things will i am sure be a topic for debate in the future and certainly during the get together in Banbury in the next few weeks.

Thanks to Matt & Becky for taking on the task of collecting e-mail address', Thoughts on which forum we used as primary contact for sharing information is up for grabs but my preference would be here on this thread. I will leave it up to the group.

Rob

Edited by Rob N Judith

Just been looking at facebook Eterniti Owners forum and some owners seem to be having problems with leaks from the roof.

Just found the tube of sealant that Steve used when he came to fix the leak on the roof of our van. It in 'Simson ISR 70 - 30 Elastic adhesive sealant'. He used this on the roof so obviously ok to use with TPO. Just done a search for it and you can but it on line for £10 a tube. Fits into a standard mastic gun.

Just been looking at facebook Eterniti Owners forum and some owners seem to be having problems with leaks from the roof.

Just found the tube of sealant that Steve used when he came to fix the leak on the roof of our van. It in 'Simson ISR 70 - 30 Elastic adhesive sealant'. He used this on the roof so obviously ok to use with TPO. Just done a search for it and you can but it on line for £10 a tube. Fits into a standard mastic gun.

That's a good bit of info. I had bonded a thin film solar panel to the roof with Sikaflex and it came off, I had been asking the company what they used to no avail.

Ian

Hi Ian.

Just had a post on facebook from an Eterniti employee who said that this caused problems with the roof and was replace with a different product.

It has been posted on facebook that someone has used Sika Flex from screwfix on the roof and it hasnt affected the TPO.

Edited by Rob N Judith

I have Stevens telephone number and he has agreed to let me give it to people he can source parts and do any repairs he is a great guy and knows his stuff I talked with him tonight

Before I give you his number I will need proof you own an eternity already by giving me the the start of the vin number as I don't want him contacted by people who are fishing for info

I also have have the number of the firm who supplied the electrics if anybody needs it

Thanks Dave. I will PM you the details.

I have met Steve a couple of times when he came out to me to sort out a leak on the roof. Both times he was excellent and would be great to have his number. Rob

Has anyone had there caravan serviced by MCEA or warrenty work done as we paid for three years servicing and we dont know if its still valid

Dave

I will also PM my details. It has already been said about Steve competance and can only second that knows his stuff on Eterniti. It will be a very important contact to have.

Would it be possible for him to compile a list of manufacturers of parts etc?

Graham

Has anyone had there caravan serviced by MCEA or warrenty work done as we paid for three years servicing and we dont know if its still valid

As far as I know nothing was put in place.

Speaking to a Vanmaster customer he managed to get the cost of his prepaid service back through section 75 action.

Ian

Can someone advise how do I join the Eterniti owners group on Facebook please?

If Steve is looking for a jon he could get an anual retainer from all Eterniti owners - say £400 and owners pay for parts only depending whats needed and adding travel costs

Depends how many owners there are but useful for:-

One having a dedicated person dealing with all owners and sharing faults and making improvements

Two instilling confidence in Eterniti owners that there is someone there to sort problems out

If there were at least100 owners this would make a decent job for someone

Can someone advise how do I join the Eterniti owners group on Facebook please?

https://m. facebook. c. ..70239516486646/

Further bad news.

I've just been informed by BPW that our IB4 has a chassis that only allows a maximum of 2000kg total weight. This is based on the BPW plates on the chassis and axles. Our van weighs 2200kg without any payload but it does have the electric awning, satellite dish, air con and the BPW movers fitted. I reckon the total weight of these items comes in at less than 200kg so in short the van was produced on a chassis that doesn't allow any payload and is probably not road illegal. The tyres that are fitted are also wrong as they are not rated to carry the actual weight of the caravan.

The only option I have is to have a whole new chassis fitted, one that's plated to 2400kg.

Further bad news.

I've just been informed by BPW that our IB4 has a chassis that only allows a maximum of 2000kg total weight. This is based on the BPW plates on the chassis and axles. Our van weighs 2200kg without any payload but it does have the electric awning, satellite dish, air con and the BPW movers fitted. I reckon the total weight of these items comes in at less than 200kg so in short the van was produced on a chassis that doesn't allow any payload and is probably not road illegal. The tyres that are fitted are also wrong as they are not rated to carry the actual weight of the caravan.

The only option I have is to have a whole new chassis fitted, one that's plated to 2400kg.

I pointed this out a while ago that you can not have a 2200kg caravan with the 86 load rated tyres that they were fitting and they increased the cost of a upgrade to £500 for a uprated chassis and tyres.

A 2000kg BPW chassis i think you will find by the Axle plates on the axle have 1050 kg max . The chassis plate should be on the A frame which will give the Maximum chassis weight behind the plastic cover .

Dave

That does seem unbelievable. I know however that you will have double checked. Sorry to read that