sgthakeswell

Paint Code

Hi guys I need to fill and repaint a section of the door on my EX 2000 Hurricane ( It got scraped on the gate post) and would just like to confirm that the colour I need is called "Hull White" and what the paint code is if anyone has it. Thanks

Edited by sgthakeswell

Guest Beagler

This has been covered somewhere else on here sgthakeswell, my experience was that there are different shades of Hull white which is a Fiat white 249. You can get it from Halfords but I found it slightly a different shade. I ended up getting a touch up from a firm on eBay and then getting aerosols made up from an auto paint supplier, now have a perfect match.

This is mine,

The details are,

FIAT AUTO

OEM code 1-040,249,vll. 249

Mixing scheme BILUX (01)

BIANCHO BACHISA

Edited by Beagler

Fiat white 249 is a Swift white.

Guest Beagler

Fiat white 249 is a Swift white.

Looks like it used by a few manufacturers.

Hull white IS NOT the same colour as Fiat 249!

The colour code is only a starting point as the original paint will have changed colour over the years. The paint will need to be mixed and then tinted to match, this would be done at a paint supplier if you take them a sample (ie locker door).

Guest Beagler

Hull white IS NOT the same colour as Fiat 249!

The details are,

FIAT AUTO

OEM code 1-040,249,vll. 249

I rang Coachman and they said my van was Hull White. I was told Hull White is Fiat 249. The paint detailed above is a perfect match for my van.

I got a touchup of ebay after giving them my make year and model of van and then had aerosols made up.

Edited by Beagler

Thanks guys :)

I got my touch up paint from EBay for Elddis white which is Hull white and is a perfect match .

Dave

This all started when the Ali panel wholesalers were asked by swift to match the Fiat cabs colour for their motorhomes.

The suppliers therefore brought in a shade of white which they called hull white. The suppliers also supply to elddis and coachman therefore the name became standard.

There is no assurance it matches fiat white, it's just close.

Even so, the panels discolour and fade over time so an off the shelf match will be difficult.

Best option is to get a match from a trade supplier

Guest Beagler

This all started when the Ali panel wholesalers were asked by swift to match the Fiat cabs colour for their motorhomes.

The suppliers therefore brought in a shade of white which they called hull white. The suppliers also supply to elddis and coachman therefore the name became standard.

There is no assurance it matches fiat white, it's just close.

Even so, the panels discolour and fade over time so an off the shelf match will be difficult.

Best option is to get a match from a trade supplier

Thanks for that. It explains the link between Hull White and Fiat 249. The firm on Ebay sent me an exact colour matched touchup and I have had aerosols made up. I have now resprayed areas of my van where the dreaded awning pole had struck and it is an exact match. I defy anyone to find where I have sprayed it. The van paint must not have faded in 4yrs.

post-60648-0-23434500-1372357194_thumb.jpg

post-60648-0-60227000-1372357213_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beagler

Guest Beagler

Please ignore

Edited by Beagler

What filler if any did you use

Guest Beagler

What filler if any did you use

Hi Darrenm, mine were only shallow so I only needed paint stopper. If yours are deeper use car body filler to just below the surface and then paint stopper very thin to finish. Prime and then paint.

Edited by Beagler

It's only a small scratch which has p**** me off for 5 years so time to fix

Guest Beagler

It's only a small scratch which has p**** me off for 5 years so time to fix

Ideally if you expose the bare aluminium, you should use an etching primer so thats why I use stopper to fill small dents and scratches and carefully rub down with wet and dry. I think its best to build up rather than go down to bare metal. You will need to abrade the surface to key the stopper and primer.

Have fun.

I have a 1994 Elddis Wisp 350/2 Supreme, the paint is white but not bright white if that makes sense, i need to spray the bottom half of the front of the Caravan as ive done some minor repairs there, i thought finding the paint code would be the same as a car as the paint code is on the vin plate, no such luck, now i need to try and find a colour match, any ideas guys.......Eddie

On a 'van that age it could well be Fiat 249 then.

geoff 

Try taking a locker door to a motor factor that can match the paint. 

John. 

On 08/05/2019 at 16:06, jwa said:

Try taking a locker door to a motor factor that can match the paint. 

John. 

Thanks John, that sounds about the best idea, ile take the Leisure Battery Hatch Cover off, there is a paint store in Motherwell that will make me up the colour, Thanks Again........Eddie.

12 minutes ago, Eddie Finnon said:

Thanks John, that sounds about the best idea, ile take the Leisure Battery Hatch Cover off, there is a paint store in Motherwell that will make me up the colour, Thanks Again........Eddie.

I did the same Eddie,came back a perfect match. 

John.