Sign in to follow this  
danb

Swift Challenger Truma Ultraheat

There are usually adjustable vanes on the outlets.   I assume that these are open in the back of your van.   Try closing all the other so that all available air is directed to the back.

There is also an adjustable diverter on the ducts at the back of the heater.   There are usually two outlets from the heater and there is a lever which controls how the air is divided between the two ducts.   If this has been knocked, it might have closed one branch completely.

The other, simple explanation it that it will take some time to heat up the longer runs of ducting.   Cold air will come through the outlets until everything en route has warmed up.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

It should all be detailed in the caravan handbook.

. ... sadly the previous owner didnt keep it in the van and the dealer could only offer a download version 😦.  

im one of those dimwit folk who learn far better by being shown (rather than reading manual 🤔😬) x

I’ll have a mess about with the duct flaps😛

You can download most manuals for Truma products from their web site at www. truma. com.

• Like 1

I had to rearrange the ducting at the back of my fire so the rear dinette got heat rather than just the loo and a bit to the front, as in DACS post.

• Like 1