Sign in to follow this  
Vendee2005

2005 S5 Vendee Leaking Under Windows Into Front Locker

Hi, can anyone offer advice on how to deal with a Vendee S5 2005 that is leaking rainwater into the front locker from under the front windows.

I am not too concerned that rainwater is leaking onto the front locker plastic/resin floor, but very concerned that the woodwork inside the front panel may be rotting.

It appears that the water is tracking down inside the two vertical window frames that separate the three front windows.

Could the rainwater ingression be though the window hinges at the top of the windows or is it possibly more serious and the ingression be through the roof joint at the top of the front panel.

There is no ingress on the inside of the van.

Your help is appreciated.

It sounds Like there is a crack in the panel at the window rail we have had a few examples of this just a few weeks ago, just open the front 3 windows and look up at the rail from the underside and look at the screws and see if the panel is split, and look above the window rail and see if there is a crack in the recess and take it from there. if a lot of water is entering the front locker it sounds really bad it could need new framing surrounding the front windows and all the wall board replaced . i would get the van to a local dealer to get a quote it sounds bad, good luck

Gavin

Sounds like you should take it to a dealer, i had a 2004 vendee which i traded in for a new supercyclone, when it was damp checked they found the same problem as you have on your vendee, it seem's that it normal for this to happen on them, the dealer qouted a couple of hundred pounds to put it right.

It sounds Like there is a crack in the panel at the window rail we have had a few examples of this just a few weeks ago, just open the front 3 windows and look up at the rail from the underside and look at the screws and see if the panel is split, and look above the window rail and see if there is a crack in the recess and take it from there. if a lot of water is entering the front locker it sounds really bad it could need new framing surrounding the front windows and all the wall board replaced . i would get the van to a local dealer to get a quote it sounds bad, good luck

Gavin

Thanks Gavin, I have checked above and below the window rail and there is no visible cracks.

Is it possible that water is getting through the rail sealant and then through the screw holes, as the sealant does seem in poor shape ?

Can the rail be re-sealed, and if so, with what kind of sealant ?

Sounds like you should take it to a dealer, i had a 2004 vendee which i traded in for a new supercyclone, when it was damp checked they found the same problem as you have on your vendee, it seem's that it normal for this to happen on them, the dealer qouted a couple of hundred pounds to put it right.

Thanks johnboy2, did the dealer give an explanation as to the Vendees leak problem ?

I don't think he did, to be honest i was so excited about my new van, if he did it went straight in one ear and out of the other, lol, but he didn't seem to think it was anything major, sorry i cant be more help, but the vendee is a great van.

:)

Thanks Gavin, I have checked above and below the window rail and there is no visible cracks.

Is it possible that water is getting through the rail sealant and then through the screw holes, as the sealant does seem in poor shape ?

Can the rail be re-sealed, and if so, with what kind of sealant ?

Thanks johnboy2, did the dealer give an explanation as to the Vendees leak problem ?

There is most likely to be cracks in the panel behind the rail if you attempt to take the rail off and the panel is cracked they will have to be fixed because if you put the rail back on then there is no guarantee that these crack wont travel further and then you will need to do it all over again, but if you intend to do it yourself then buy Soudalseal RV61 this is the best sealant for the job you will need to buy 2 tubes as this should be ample but better to have too much rather than not enough.

Gavin

Edited by Gavin at Wallace Caravans Fife

We have a similar van (series 5 Pageant Vendee). There were some problems with the front ABS panel cracking which may be the issue you are seeing. I would agree that (if you can afford it) a good repair workshop would be the best approach.

Unfortunately your caravan will be outside the 6 year water ingress warranty.