Sign in to follow this  
TimDev

Ask Elddis About Solid Construction

As some one who has bought German vans for more years than I care to remember I really hope this system works.

I feel that the caravan Industry needs this and so does its customers.

James

As some one who has bought German vans for more years than I care to remember I really hope this system works.

I feel that the caravan Industry needs this and so does its customers.

James

:goodpost: I'm with you there James.

I wonder if it will now motivate other large companies to go down the route of finding a better way of construction such as Elddis? I must admit I have this morning been looking at the Elddis website for the first time, I would not even consider looking at other conventionally constructed 'vans.

Well done Elddis :D:D :D . .Peter

Edited by peterjohn

Just as an aside I went to our local caravan dealer who is an Elddis agent. We really gave the Affinity 574 the once over and must say that it is the only caravan made in Britain that has impressed me. I always thought that none could beat Hymer but the construction of this 'van is remarkable, in fact I will say that given the £5000 difference between a Hymer and the Affinity it really is a snip. ......Peter

We we went to a caravan show and looked at the same van and was so shocked at the poor build we went looking or a sales person to ask if they really wanted to display this van.

That said we did like the Elddis vans as a whole.

I would agree with you on the price point but the big differance just now is Hymer have the track record but this product is new and on a search on the net found practical caravan forum and a customer who has had this system leak. So I or one would just like to wait a year or two.

I really hope that Elddis have got this right. And I wish them the very best of luck.

On a side note we looked at there motor homes and they were just stunning and built so much better than there caravans, why?

James

:goodpost: I'm with you there James.

I wonder if it will now motivate other large companies to go down the route of finding a better way of construction such as Elddis? I must admit I have this morning been looking at the Elddis website for the first time, I would not even consider looking at other conventionally constructed 'vans.

Well done Elddis :D:D :D . .Peter

So that rules out Lunar and Swift then. :D

poolebob

Just as an aside I went to our local caravan dealer who is an Elddis agent. We really gave the Affinity 574 the once over and must say that it is the only caravan made in Britain that has impressed me. I always thought that none could beat Hymer but the construction of this 'van is remarkable, in fact I will say that given the £5000 difference between a Hymer and the Affinity it really is a snip. ......Peter

Hi Peter. I am not an Elddis Basher,indeed we have a 2001 Elddis Crusader SuperSirocco but have you been and had a close look at the Eterniti Genesis IB4 ?albeit a twin axle. There single axle variants are of the same build quality but I believe are a little overpriced when pitched against the likes of comparable Coachman,Buccaneer and some that are sadly no longer with us or have just re-branded !!!

So that rules out Lunar and Swift then. :D

poolebob

Naughty naughty ;):rolleyes::ph34r:B) but 'most probably ' heavily laced with fact.

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and joined because I'm thinking of buying our first caravan.

After months of looking we had decided that we wanted the Avante 636, "this was over the sterling/challenger sport",

We are currently waiting to view the 2014 model before we commit. ....BUT just recently I have been horrified at all the issues regarding the panels splitting around the windows and its really put me off Elddis, are there any assurances the the 2014 would not have these issues

Thanks

Tim