Sign in to follow this  
spangles

Need A Quick Bit Of Advice

Evening,

Need some quick answers I am down in the new forest and have got the water hooked up with the barrel float in place, the pump unit from the barrel to the van runs constant the only way to stop it is to turn it off we have never had this problem before.

The reason I need a quick reply is I am sitting in the pub (only wifi point) and no 3G on site and if I can't get a fast reply it could end up messy

Check the pressure switch if you have one?.

Only small movements and mark the current position of the dial.

http://www. whalepumps. com/rv/siteFiles/resources/docs/resource-library/WhaleAdjustingyourpressureswitchb. pdf

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. Internet connected via 3 dongle Windows 7. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine.

LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,.Reich Move Control. Safefill Fitted. ,CT. Ninja (Hon) Flies the flag. Tyron Bands

Not Much Money but we do see life. Motto . Carpe Diem .

That was quick reply only just started my beer, yes well have sort off messed about with the pressure switch. Shall I wind it right down and slowly open it until the pump shuts off/on ?

Why does everyone suggest that the pressure switch needs adjusting - it's most unlikely that its the problem. You've probably either got a leak or the pick up pipe/pump or filter is floating. What sort of pump have you got

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

You really need to read the PDF because there is not a quick answer to that.

Tighten the adjusting screw clockwise until the pump comes on. (For integral socket based pressure switches, first loosen the pressure switch locknut in an anti-clockwise direction.)

Open any tap until you have a smooth flow of water, then close the tap. You should hear the pump running and the pump running light if fitted will be on.

Return to the pressure switch and turn the pressure switch adjustment screw slowly anti-clockwise until the pump has stopped. Turn the screw a further half turn (180 degrees) anti-clockwise

Check for correct operation by opening and closing all taps individually. The pump should turn on when the cold tap is opened and switch off immediately when the cold tap is closed. NB. There will normally be some pulsations at low flows.

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. Internet connected via 3 dongle Windows 7. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine.

LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,.Reich Move Control. Safefill Fitted. ,CT. Ninja (Hon) Flies the flag. Tyron Bands

Got the whale system. When the pump is switched on it will run constantly and water will flow from the taps, if I go outside the van and move the attachment it will stop but we get no water

If it was working and now isn't then the problem probably wont be the pressure switch and faffing about with it if you've got a fault somewhere else will just make it more difficult to sort the problem out

What Whale system - internal pump or external pump.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Why does everyone suggest that the pressure switch needs adjusting - it's most unlikely that its the problem. You've probably either got a leak or the pick up pipe/pump or filter is floating. What sort of pump have you got

Probably because mine has always been the problem except when the water has been used up. That and a change caused by EHU to Battery use

I also suggested the control be marked so any change could be reset to original setting as long as number of turns not lost.

Your pressure switch is factory set and should not normally require adjustment. However, adjustment may be required if the power supply voltage has varied from the previous setting, either due to battery drainage or higher voltage being supplied when the battery charger is operating. In the event that your pump doesn’t switch off when you close the taps, or it pulses on and off rapidly when the taps are fully open, follow these guidelines to re-adjust the pressure switch setting.

Got the blue one that goes in the barrel with what I guess is the pump, and we have a switch to operate it inside the van

Give the pump a shake in case you have an air lock or check the rubber ring for wear on the connection. If water is dripping from the connection it is well worn or not properly connected.

You have closed the drain valve, hav'nt you? ----just a thought.

If it isn't broken, mend it until it is!

Have you pulled the pump out of the water barrel (aquaroll) and checked that the pump pipe has not come of the pump, it should be fastend on with a clip.
Just to go back to my last post the drain valve is usually near the water heater, it may have a yellow plastic handle which should be in a horizontal position,

Have you also seen water in all the taps running properly. You should draw water in by starting with the hot tap furthest from the pump. This will ensure the tank is full. (10 litres)

If it was working and now isn't then the problem probably wont be the pressure switch and faffing about with it if you've got a fault somewhere else will just make it more difficult to sort the problem out

What Whale system - internal pump or external pump.

Mine was the pressure switch last weekend, although it was working when I parked the van up for winter.

It was also the pressure switch which needed altering during our holiday last year.

Although, I have to admit, it was the non return valve causing the system to de-pressurise the year before.

Wasn't life easier when we just carried a bucket of water?!

Edited by Father Ted

2003 Volvo V70 2. 4 gas guzzler.
2011 Bailey Olympus 534.
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me!

Mine was the pressure switch last weekend, although it was working when I parked the van up for winter.

It was also the pressure switch which needed altering during our holiday last year.

Although, I have to admit, it was the non return valve causing the system to de-pressurise the year before.

Wasn't life easier when we just carried a bucket of water?!

I have to confess, having read quite a few threads on several different forums about these kinds of problems it does make me quite thankful that my van doesn't have plumbed in water!

1962 Prototype Everyman Folding Caravan "Herbert" & Pennine Aztec Folding Camper, towed by Kia Carens CRDI.

Read my blog - The Outside In - Find it in the Blogs Section!

Once the OP has found the correct answer let's hope he lets us know. ;)

I agree with matelowdave, it's not likely to be the pressure switch,if you need to 'reset it' this is what you do.

With the system primed,close all taps and shower.

Leave the power turned on.

Tighten the adjusting screw (clockwise) . the pump should now be running.

Partly open Ono cold tap to flow at about 1 pint per 15 seconds .

Now turn the adjusting screw (anti-clockwise) until the pump starts to click.

The switch should now be correctly adjusted.

This is taken out of my handbook and it sorted out my chattering/ pulsating .

Good luck . let us all know what the problem was.

The pump is quite sensitive to voltage.

A couple of weeks ago our mains tripped out overnight not noticed by us, but the circulation pump for the heating kept on running on 12 volt which after a couple of hours flattened the battery slightly. Eventually the Whale water pump decided it didn't have enough volts and started to run continuously in the barrel. Fortunately this woke my missus up (I sleep like a log) and I was roused to sort the problem out.

Moral of the story - switch the Whale pump off before going to bed. :)

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Land Rover on SORN so not towing anything for a while

low battery status

if presure switch is it set but battery needs to be charged

If the system has a pressure switch ? . .........if it has . Check in case a pipe has split or poped a joint in the cold freezing conditions

If no pressure switch . .........

It could be a sticking micro switch in one of the taps . Check your taps for a clicking sound which is the microswitch turning on and off . If you do have micro switches the one that makes no clicking sound is the problem .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

if micro switch you ca flick a tap on to start the pump and use another tap but it takes 12v to stop a pump not to start so you can run a tap but not stop it same as presure it takes power to stop make sure pump in hog is under water as some times they come out of water.

Spangles,where are you at with the problem,did you sort it out?

Hi, gave up on it while we were away. Got back yesterday and sorted the van out the Mrs wanted water in the van today, I filled the water barrel conected it up to the van and still had the pump running constant. I have put it on my faults list if I can not sort it, the van is a 2013 rio grande so in june the dealer can fix it at its service